Saturday, June 13, 2015

A Special Day

 This sweet girl turned 8 in August and then the first Saturday in September, the 6th, she had the opportunity to be baptized. She was so excited about this special day for her. And was very ready. She has such a sweet spirit and such a pure love for her Father in Heaven. She is an example to me of faith in her savior Jesus Christ. She knows it to be true in her heart and doesn't question or waver. I am so proud of her and the maturity and growth I have seen in her. I am glad to know that this is a choice that she has been able to make for herself, with her own testimony and her own desire. 
What a beautiful girl, all dresses in white!
 I know that we were all excited and also just so happy for her and being able to be there with her to watch her take this step in life. 



 Makenna LOVES Sister Woidka. She has been someone she has adored since she was a sunbeam. Her face lights up every time she sees her and I know that Sister Woidka has gotten a lot of very big, very intense hugs from Makenna each and every Sunday. We were lucky to have her be able to give a brief talk before her baptism!
Makenna got the opportunity to have her uncle Ding baptize her. It was special for all of us because it was the first tine we were able to see Ding baptize someone. And Makenna and David has always had such a special and close relationship. I know she loves and adores him and I know he has a special place in his heart for her too! After her baptism Pa confirmed her and gave her a very sweet blessing. I am so grateful that she as such wonderful men in her life that love and adore her!

No comments: