Thursday, November 13, 2014

Rexburg Road Trip

Since my Sister decided to leave us and take my kids cousins and my nieces and nephew far away from me, we have to find an upside. So since we don't get to see them often, we will probably be taking a road trip up there every year to visit them. I love the thought of having great memories with the kids during these trips and the fun adventure it will be every summer! We had never taken the kids in the car for more than a few hour drive. So this first one was a bit of an unknown journey.
 The kids were so excited about getting out of California and crossing into different states. They were so sweet about it! The first real sign that we were out of California was us being able to stop and buy a bunch of fireworks to bring up to Idaho for the 4th of July. The kids thought this was the best thing ever, they were so excited!
 Loaded up and ready to go!

 We stayed the night in St George which works as a nice half way point. Couldn't have a stop without some yummy ice cream that night!

 Staying in our hotel room was a bit of an adventure that night. Carys fell asleep, as did the other kids pretty well. But they Carys woke up a few hours later and was having a really hard time going back to sleep. Eventually I had to just lay on the ground with her and try and get her to fall asleep with me, which she did do eventually. But it was a rough nights sleep. It's just what comes with the adventure, right?
 Finally made it to Rexburg on day 2. The kids were Soooooo excited to see each other, and of course I cried watching it! It is so sweet seeing them just pick up where they left off!

 Auntie Nana getting to hold baby Paige for the first time. I was so grateful she still felt tiny in my arms! It's so hard watching her grow up from a distance. 

 Our next day there was the 4th of July. And I have to say, this was probably one of my favorite days of the trip. It was so neat to be in a small town on the 4th of July. It reminded me of the memories I have as a kid visiting my Grandma and Grandpa during the 4th of July and the cool small town things they had in Nevada. We got to watch a parade that pretty much the whole town takes part in. Everyone throws candy to the kids and the kids just run out and in the street to grab it. Such a fun thing for the whole family!

 Watching the parade go buy and grabbing all the goodies being thrown!



These two little boys are great together! Trouble, but fun to watch at the same time. They just instinctually know that they are suppose to be mischievous with one another. What is it about watching little boys be adventurous together that just makes you smile?!

No comments: