Friday, May 9, 2014

Medals, Moms and Other Stuff

 Makenna finished another season of soccer. She got a lot of time and experience as goalie and got a lot better at it by the end. She and her friend Gwyn got to play on the same team, which made it a lot of fun for both of them!
 This year Christmas seemed to come quickly. More quickly than years passed (it seems to work that way, doesn't it!). But we made sure to get out tree nice and early into the month. I LOVE picking out our tree, putting it up, decorating it. Everything about it makes me smile!

 The kids always get so excited over who gets to put up the star. This year we let Carys take part in it, since it was her first Christmas as a baby somewhat aware of what was happening. Then big sister Makenna finished up the job for her. 
 This happened to us. For the first time, which all things considered is pretty impressive in my opinion. I think within 36 hours everyone in the family was affected in one way or another. So sad. Not fun. Hope it doesn't happen again for another 7 years.
 This face makes me melt.
 So does this. What a sweetheart. That boy can fall asleep anywhere, seriously! And who can resist a cuddly santa! He carried this Santa around the house with him for days. It was awesome. I think he has learned his adoration for Santa from his big brother Kellen.
Me and my little love after his Preschool Christmas program. Cutest Angel Ever!
 This pic is probably in my top 10 favs ever!
Kellen finished his season of tball at the sportsplex. He finished saying he was excited to do it again. He learned a lot and got a lot better in just a few weeks. And enjoyed every minute of it being next to his bff Joseph the whole way.

 And then Big Mama turned 30! I was spoiled with love, gifts, roses (one of my favorite bouquets ever...loved the multi-colored roses!) and ice cream cake! So many people don't like turning 30. And though I don't like the grey hairs that have appeared in the last year, as well as the slowing metabolism and wrinkles beginning to appear, I sort of think that turning 30 is an age where you gain some credibility. Like becoming a real, full fledged adult. I swear the years in your 20's are like your initiation years. Now I am an official member. 


 The luckiest mama ever. Love my kiddos to pieces!
 Carys is a great helper. She loves to wash hair in the bath. When she sees you pull out the baby soap she gets all excited and quickly extends a hand, asking for soap so she can help lather everyone up!
 For my birthday festivities we have a few of our favorite families and my brother and parents come with us to dinner at Corvette Diner. It was such a fun night. Lots of kids and lots of noise. But the perfect birthday for a 30 year old mama of 4. Both Makenna and I got awesome straw hair! (My first time!) I feel so lucky to have such great friends with such great kids!


No comments: