Monday, December 9, 2013

August - Episode 1

Summer was busy this year. And not only was it busy, but truth be told, I just wasn't a whole lot in the mood to go to the beach a ton with a crawling baby. Though I love the beach, I also find it intensely stressful with such little ones. Especially if it is just me watching them all at once. But I was a good girl and made sure to take them enough times to get some cute pictures so I can say "See, I was nice and brought you to the beach every summer!!"

 For some reason the beach is not the beach without a nice, sandy can of pringles (or is that just me?)
 Some people take sand castle building more intense than others...
 ...Others don't take much of anything seriously at all...
 Well, after 4 kids I finally had a sand eater. I have heard parents talk about kids wanting to eat sand. And until Carys I just thought they were crazy. But this little girl showed me what it was all about. The minute this girl touched the sand she Immediately scooped up a handful and went straight for the mouth. You would think she would realize this was gross and not do it again. But No. She wanted more and more. It was quite an effort to keep sand out of that girls mouth. Mom did her best but my success was far from perfect.

 One of the highlights of the summer for these goons was the day we got to go see Ronal McDonald at the local public library. It really was quite cute. The kids got to sit and sing songs, watch magic tricks and learn about the fun of reading with Ronald. Pretty Awesome!

 Boxes can be fun if you know how to use them the right way.


 Kellen totally cracks me up! The kids were playing in their boxes while I made lunch. When it was time to eat Makenna and Conner set their boxes aside, but not Kellen. I told him he was going to have a hard time not making a mess. But he showed me up and amazingly did a great job, even if he looked like a goof doing it.
 Not such a little pup. But Such a good boy! This puppy has stolen our hearts.
 It's not often that all kids are around at a time when we can go have lunch with Grammy. The kids LOVE going to her work, Love riding in the fast elevator to the 13th floor and getting to look out the window to see how high we are. And as always, they love to fill their pockets with skittles from her candy machine in her office. We love our Grammy!
 Family trip to the Zoo during their summer nights. It still surprises me how much I love the zoo. Even if we go quite a lot, it is just such a nice place to be. I love having passes and being able to take our time and stare at the cheetahs for 10 minutes if we want to. It is always great weather, a good work out walking along and a fun way to help educate the kids. I hope they never get sick of it.


A quick picture with the amazing trampoline bouncing Kangaroos. Conner was nervous about taking a picture with them, but he was the one that talked about them every day for the next month and often would try and dress up like them and act like them in his mouse costume. Silly boy. 
P.S. Nice pose Kellen boy!

No comments: