Wednesday, March 27, 2013

As a kid I was never too thrilled about having my birthday in December (especially seeing my sister have beach and pool parties in the summer). But as I have gotten older I have learned to love it! Especially with Kellen as my son and the way he makes the Christmas season so magical. It is fun to have my birthday thrown in the mix of all the celebrating!

Last birthday in my 20's. It's a bit strange, but nothing to be depressed over. I do have a goal to be in incredible shape when I turn 30. I get an excuse for looking gross this year since I had a 2 month old :) Sometimes babies are nice excuses....
"Happy Birthday to Us...oh, I mean to Mom"
Kellen did a wonderful job, seriously, a Great job at his preschool Christmas singing program. He had been singing the songs all day long for weeks. He was definitely very practiced and prepared. Even though it is the 4th time I have seen this Christmas program it isn't any less cute than the first time. It also made him look really big and grown up being there. We love you Kellen and your cute, adorable, little singing voice.

Carys trying out her bumbo for the first time. Its funny to see them vertical for the first time, and it made the kids absolutely thrilled!

A new tradition for our family is that on the last weekend before Christmas the kids get to sleep out in the living room under the tree. Con was a bit too antsy to participate this year. But Makenna and Kellen (the "big" kids) loved it. It was so cute listening to them talk back and forth until 10:00 and they were too exhausted and finally passed out. And there was something magical about seeing them sleeping next to the twinkling lights of the tree. And after all, Christmas is meant to be a magical time for all.
The family at Church on Christmas Sunday.

Our annual Santa Picture. Too many McKamey's for Santa's lap this year. It seems like every other year we have no tears. But I am sure next year it will be Carys screaming her head off. Conner had me a little worried. He had seen last years picture and seen him crying on Santa's lap and he kept saying "Me cry with ho ho" and seemed very disturbed about it all. But he didn't even hesitate a bit once we were there. The promise of a candy cane was enough to get that boy to hop right up there. 

No comments: