Saturday, October 13, 2012

ABC's and 123's...

Preschool year number 2! It's sometimes strange to look at my boy and see him suddenly looking so big. It is strange taking your babe to another year of preschool. They know the routine now. They know what to anticipate and look forward to. Kellen was quick to get out his backpack, find something to bring for sharking, help me pick out his snacks for the day. He knew exactly what he was doing and was very excited about it. It's a little bit sad seeing him act so big and so comfortable being so independent. But it also makes me so proud to see him growing up and maturing and having the confidence to take things on on his own. Where has the little baby that would cling to my leg at the park gone?
 Such a handsome boy. He really melts my heart....such good looks! He was cute and wanted to make sure to take a picture next to our nice flowers. Not the best lighting, but sweet all the same.

 Once we got to school a few nerves did come out. But he was quick to settle in to his new class and his new teacher, Mrs. Silva. He needed a number of hugs before I could leave, but no tears. Every day when I bring him to school and drop him off he always grabs on to me and tells me that he does not want me to leave and gives me a very cute, pathetic look. But after a couple of kisses and hugs and promises that I will be back soon he lets me go. And when I turn around to look back at him, he is always off playing and busy doing something within seconds. Maybe he just says this to make sure I know he needs me still ;)
 After his first day of school I let Kellen pick where he wanted us to go for lunch before we had to grab Makenna from school. Last year it was Taco Bell. This year it was Wendys...chicken nuggets with ranch, apples, fries and a chocolate frosty. These silly glasses came in his kids meal. Is he not a mini Harry Potter here? So cute.
What a little stud muffin....even in ridiculous glasses! He sure misses his big brother when he is gone at school, but it is also nice getting to have some special Conner/Mommy time. Love my boys!

No comments: