Friday, December 2, 2011

Full of Thanks

There is no way I can even come close to expressing just how much I love my family and how grateful I am to be so blessed in my life. I can't tell you how often I look at my amazing, loving husband, my sweet, beautiful and healthy children and think about how lucky I am. I have more than I ever thought was even possible. I am happier beyond my wildest dreams!

To give the kids the chance to think about what we have in our lives to be grateful for and to make sure they understood what Thanksgiving was about we made a little "McKamey Tree of Thankfulness". Every night people in the family took turns saying something that they were thankful for. We then wrote it on a leaf and taped the leaf onto the tree. It was so sweet how much the kids enjoyed this every evening. They wanted Every night to be their turn to say something they were grateful for and it was always them remembering to have us put leaves on the tree before they went to bed. I really think it did it's job and helped the kids be thoughtful of all the blessings we have in our lives. Here is the list of what was written on our tree. There are a few repeats, but I think it is sweet.
Home
Christmas Songs
Temple
Pictures
Jesus
Grammy
Bella
Family
Bella
Nice Home
Mickey
Time Together
Horse Jammies
Chocolate
Our Children
Nala
Daddy's Hard Work
Books
Church
School
Shoes
Kenna, Kellen and Conner (said by Abby)
Healthy Body
Baby Toby
Abby
Job
Animals
Grandkids (said by Grammy)
Spider Man
Santa Movies
Rain
Yummy Food
Toys
Horses
Jesus
Simba and Nala
Christmas
Grammy
The Thankful Tree

2 comments:

Auntie Steph said...

What a great idea!! Love everything!!

amber said...

sounds like a great tradition is started!!