Tuesday, September 6, 2011

B is for Big Boy!

Believe it or not our little Kellen is already taking those first baby steps away from the nest....just this past week he went to his first day of Preschool. The pictures speak for themselves. Kellen was in absolute Heaven! He was thrilled, beyond thrilled about going to preschool. And if you know Kellen then this comes as a little bit of a surprise. Kellen is not the type to venture off on his own. He's a mama's boy, a home body. He likes his comfort zones and gets a bit shy and stand offish in new environments and situations. I don't know if it was all the talking to him about preschool that prepared him, or it is due to him having seen Makenna go there and understand the routine already. Whatever it was he acted like an old pro.
First thing when he woke up Tuesday morning Kellen told me he needed to eat breakfast and get dressed so he could get ready for school. He got very sad when he realized we would be taking sissy first and then he would have to wait a little longer before it was time for him to go. He was very anxious and excited to get moving and get to school. While we were getting ready to go I asked him if he was excited and he said "Yeah! I'm not going to cry mama!" And I just responded "Of course you are not, Preschool is fun!" It was that moment that I knew he was going to be just fine and do great. And he did! He was a little shy when we got there at first but he got going with the play dough and had no problem giving me a kiss, saying good bye and letting me walk away without a tear. I know this may sound strange, but it was almost sad to me that he didn't get emotional. Made me realize how grown up he is and how ready he is for this big step. He's not my little baby boy the way he once was. He is standing on his own two feet and doing so well.
Look at how big these boys are!

Look at this handsome boy. And that little face just melts my heart. He is such a good kid and such a funny little boy! I'm proud to see him getting bigger, doing so well and being so happy. I miss his silly little self when he is gone, but I am happy to know he is growing and learning and venturing out on his own.

Kellen got to pick where we went for lunch after his first day of school. He chose quesadillas at Taco Bell :)

No comments: