Friday, December 3, 2010

Marshmallow Pops and More


Kenna and I made these cute and easy marshmallow pops for her preschool class Thanksgiving party. They were darn good and enjoyed by the adults and children the same. I didn't even realize how funny this picture was until I was viewing the pics on my computer. Look at Kellen boy...trying to snag a bite when sissy is busy...that a boy!
It's fun to let your niece make a big mess of herself and then watch her mommy clean it up :)
I swear these two could be sisters. People often think they are when we are out and about together. Can you blame them?
One of Kellen's new things to do is set up his chairs in the living room and play pretend nursery (like at church). He will sit down on the chair with his dolls and stuffed animals, help them fold their arms so they can say a prayer and then sing songs with them. Too cute!
This girl is a monkey....and I figure let her have at it. Sure, I monitor her and set limits. But I also let her try things out and see what she is capable of. And she is good at a lot. My silly little girl. Love you Kenna!

She wanted to try and got higher, but I stopped her at this point. See, I do give her boundaries...
This little man is just growing like a weed and changing so much. He is really just coming out of his shell, getting so much personality and really interacting so much now. I love this age. He is so smiley and happy. He just started sleeping through the night fairly regularly (and yes, I mean 7:30 pm to 7:00 am) He is binky free already....woohoo! He is 4 months old and fitting well into 9 month clothing. He is getting close to sitting on his own. He just melts my heart. He is already taking on some pretty strong mama's boy qualities. I have noticed that especially in the evenings he will cry if I leave the room or walk out of his line of sight. This feels young to me to already be having separation anxiety. But Kellen was a big mama's boy for awhile, so I am sort of expecting the same thing from Conner. Little boys just gotta have their mama's. I will just enjoy it while I get to be the woman in their life :)


This boy's hair is so confusing. It is definitely a light color (though it looks a bit dark in these pictures). Sometimes in certain lighting it is toe head blonde....blonde as it could be. Other times it looks like a golden/yellow kind of blonde. Then there are times is looks strawberry blonde yet there also seems to be a hint of brown to his hair. I don't know. I am just curious to see what it looks like as more comes in and he gets older. What, oh what color will Conner's hair really be?
May not be sure about his hair, but those eyes are certainly blue. He stole them from his Grandmas....so sweet.

3 comments:

Auntie Steph said...

Love the pics ! The kids personalities come through sooo well.
Can't believe how big Conner is :)

The Perry family said...

Marshmallow pops look fun! those 2 girls do look like they could be sisters. Kellen playing nursery is s cute. He looks like such a sweet boy, even if he's trying to still his sister's marshmallow pop! And you're baby is growing so fast! he's beautiful and looks just like Kellen, except loghter. I agree that stage is so fun.

amber said...

such cute pics and all personalities!!! bet sarah was breaking out in a sweat with brooke getting so messy, all in good fun. love you!! auntie amber