Friday, August 7, 2009

Funnies



Kellen:
Since Kellen has been on the move he has really embraced mobility and been getting into Everything, as a mobile baby should. But he has picked up a new habit along with the mobility. Every day Kellen seems to pick something that he will get attached to in the morning and then carry around with him in his left hand All Day! He will bring it or drag it with him everywhere. And don't you dare try taking it away or a melt down bound to happen. The funny thing is that the item changes every day. It is not just one thing in particular. But some of the favorites tend to be a baby wipe, a brush of some sort (toothbrush or hairbrush), matchbox cars, squeaky bath toys, etc. And he doesn't really "play" with whatever item is the chosen item for the day. He just needs to carry it with him. Funny boy.
notice in the picture below the green plastic mini-slinky he is carrying. That was the "item" for the day :) And now that he can crawl I have a little man at my feet, whining and complaining and following me from room to room when he wants to be picked up. I find it cute.

Kellen is starting to dance when he hears music and has also started this new head shake that he does. It's funny because any time I sing to him "shake, shake, shake...shake, shake, shake...shake my Kellen, shake my Kellen" he will almost always start shaking his head. Both he and Makenna enjoy this a lot. You can tell Kellen amuses himself because he will often do something or make a funny noise and then start laughing at himself. I guess that is a good thing.



Makenna:
Whenever we watch The Lion King Makenna will transform from a sweet, loving little girl to a ferocious, growling, roaring lion for the rest of the day. Seriously. She will growl at Kellen if he comes to sneak some of her snacks away. She will "roar" at people for no good reason. She will lick you to give you kisses and will walk around singing "Hakunamatata" for at least a good 24 hours. Well, the other day we started our morning out with The Lion King, so after a day full of lion taming we were taking our bath to relax and wind up the evening. I was rinsing out Makenna's hair when she looks up at me and says:
"Mom! Your messing up my mane!"
Seriously?


We were having craft time at the counter and were coloring and playing with crayola markers, crayons, scissors, glue, etc. The phone rang and I got a bit distracted talking to my mom. Makenna gets down from the counter to go potty. A few minutes later she comes around the corner and proud as can be says "Mama, look at me!"
Here is what I saw...
I was a very poor parent in this moment. If I was supposed to reprimand my daughter for coloring all over herself with marker, I very much failed to do so. As soon as I saw her I went to open my mouth and tell her she should not have done that, and instead a laugh just came rolling out. It was hilarious. I couldn't keep from laughing and we both laughed together for a long time and enjoyed a good photo session. We kept it all on until bath time that night. We got great looks while running errands the rest of the day :)
You can't tell in these pictures, but she had even colored one of her teeth! I just love her! And thank goodness for non-toxic crayola markers.

I love my silly family.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I love the Lion King story! It's adorable. There are many times when I need to tell the girls that what they did was wrong but end up laughing. Sometimes you just got to laugh at the things they come up with. Better that then stressing over every little thing!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Ok these pictures are all SO GREAT!!! LOVE the first one, hahahah.... that is rad! Then the last one of little Kellen, his faces totally crack me up that kid is a total hoot! I did not know that about his little toy for the day. What a wierdo!
Makenna ROCKS with the pen and I love that you ran errands like that the rest of the day, that is so cool! I love her so much and way to go for laughing it off ;)