Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Yes, we are alive...

We have just been really busy getting ready for our trip to Illinois. We leave on Friday and will be there for a week. Todd's parents, Ed and Loretta, live in Rock Island and we are going to see them, as well as see Todd's brother Bob get married. So we will be in Chicago for the wedding for two days and then in Rock Island for 5 more days. I know for many of you traveling with kids is a common event. But I am new at this. I have never flown with a child and now I will be flying with two. And I have never stayed in a hotel with a child and will be staying in one with two. I was a bit nervous at first about how everything would go. But I have decided that there is nothing to worry about too much. No matter how the kids behave on the plane, we will eventually make it there. And we will make it through the hotel and the week. I may be sleep deprived and exhausted, but we will survive :) And I am really, very excited to see Todd's family and see them with the kids. Makenna is thrilled about the trip and can't wait to "fly in an airplane way up in the sky!" She has been saying "We go on a big airplane really really soon" for about a month now, so she is really worked up over it and can't wait. And she is excited to see Grandma and Grandpa McKamey and spend time with them. So anyone that has traveling advice to share, feel free to impart of your knowledge and wisdom.
But before we take off I wanted to give you a few pictures to look at while we are gone. I know you all need your McKamey fix, right?

Makenna is really into taking silly pictures right now.

She thought she was being funny by not smiling for the camera. The more I asked her to smile the more she tried not to. Very typical Makenna. :)
But when I threatened to put the camera away I got this...
I always win in the end :)

Putting her shoes on all by herself...she is very proud of this!
Don't ask...I don't know....
She wanted me to take a picture of her "grumpy face'...pretty good one, huh?

My favorite little man!
Today Kellen pulled himself up to standing all by himself 3 times! What a big boy!

Such a big boy! He was having a blast in these tunnels and was laughing so much!
Learning what happens when you bang a metal bowl on the ground...very exciting for an 8 month old!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Have a great time in Illinois. I've only traveled in a car with Elizabeth so I don't have any advice but you'll have to give me some when you get back since we'll be flying to Sacramento for the 4th of July and that will be my first time flying with a child. Makenna's stayin' alive picture is hilarious (at least that's what it looks like to me)!

Jessica said...

before i forget to tell you again..riley went to a b-day party at a "my gym" and they had the trampoline with the handle like mckenna has, but they had it in front of a huge mirror and riley would not get off taht thing! so i totally thought of you, if you have a long mirror you can put on a door and stick that trampoline infront of, i think it shoudl get you a few more hours of jumping and energy dumping time! I took riley on a 6 HOUR flight to boston when she was ten months old, luckily we had red eye, so she slept the entire time. on the way home was different, she still slept but was a awake a lil more. I would bring a pair of head phones, so mckenna can watch a movie they are like 5 bucks and once you buy it you can watch them over and over(if your on a plane that has a personal tv for each person) she can bring a little back pack with crayons and all that. it will be fine, have fun! the best part(for the parents) is going through secirity, be prepared to NOT have a water bottle at all. you can buy one on hte other side of security but can't take one through. also, i would suggest not packing the stroller's basket underneath because you have to fold up the stroller and put it throught hte xray, so it takes for ever to unpack it ya know? the security guards and more than willing to help you lug it up there if you ask too

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Ok so all of Makenna's faces, HA!!! That is SO FUNNY!! I love love love the crazy hair one but girl you need to do her hair more like it is in the ones with the bow, CUTE as ever!!! Kellen, LOVE HIS FACES TOO!!! Miss those kiddo's!