Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Parents Proud Moment

I never thought in all my life I would be able to get so excited over Poop....

Over the last week or so I have been trying to do a lot of potty preparation with Makenna. For some reason after Kellen was born I just felt very ready to get Makenna potty trained. It's not because I hate changing two kids diapers. Really, changing diapers doesn't bug me too much. If I am changing one I can change two. But suddenly she seemed so big on the changing table and so heavy to put up there. It just felt like time.
So we have been watching Elmo's Potty Time video, talking about the potty, "pee pee" and "poo poo" constantly and just getting very excited about going potty overall.
Then the other night we were sitting around playing with Makenna's farm and all of the sudden she says "Oh, Poo Poo!" and takes off running for the bathroom. I go in there a moment later and she is sitting on her potty. So we take off her diaper and, to my amazement, she finishes the job on her potty. Of course there was celebrating and singing and dancing!!! I was SOOO excited, it was pathetic. I would have taken a picture of it if my camera had not been in the car. But it was a big moment.
So we are going to start potty training in full force this week.
I am still a little nervous, so if anyone has any tips or advice, feel free to share. I just could not resist sharing the big moment!

1 comment:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

YEAHHHHH!!!! KENNA!!!! She is such a big girl now, wow, how cool is that!!! I am always impressed by how well she takes on all these new challenges of growing up, she is one smart little cookie I must say!!! Well we are very proud of her I must say!