Thursday, September 10, 2009

Watch out Preschool....Here she comes!

Well, we did it. We survived Makenna's first day of Preschool. And, much to my relief, the Preschool was still standing and Mrs. Jurish still had all her hair when I went to pick my darling big girl up.
The day went a lot like I expected it to. Makenna was annoyed to be woken up and was cranky getting dressed and ready for school. She wakes up very slowly (a lot like her mama in that regard) and so yes, she is only 3 but is already complaining and saying things like "I don't want to go to school/church! I want to sleep. Leave me alone!" I can only imagine what it is going to be like when this one is a teenager :)
However, once she was up and going she was good and excited. When we got to her school she announced that she was going to be shy, which is one of her new things to do. So she played shy and the teacher coaxed her into class and got her painting. She was good at saying bye and I left. Of course once my back was to her my eyes filled with tears. I know it is just preschool, but it still feels like she is growing up and it makes me sad.
It was nice to get things done while she was gone, but I did miss her, as did Kellen. When we went to pick her up she was happily playing and running around with her friends. She gave me a big hug when she saw me and said she had missed me, which again made me get all misty eyed. Her teacher said that she had done a great job and been a good girl. She said, however, that Makenna had fooled her with her fake shyness and that Makenna is one of the least shy girls she has ever taught....That's my girl!
We went to Rubios to get a cheese quesadilla after school. Makenna LOVES Rubios. After that we went over and got an ice cream and had a great afternoon talking about her first day of school. She really is growing up. And although it makes me want to cry, it also makes me so proud to see my baby girl growing into a beautiful, smart, funny little girl. I just hope the Preschool knows what they have gotten themselves into ;)




1 comment:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

This post is the perfect post speaking of this little lady! I am super glad that the Preschool was still standing as well after this little ball of fire entered it! I love it, she is so funny!
Glad she loved school! Let's see how long this lasts? :) I actually think she will love it for a while with all of the crafts and stuff. Well congrats my little big girl!