Friday, September 25, 2009

I Got Soul...

A week ago Todd and I got to go see The Killers in concert. It was so nice to have a night away and go do something fun and exciting....adult fun and exciting even! I love my kids and love every single minute with them....wish I had even more time with them. But it sure is nice to get away for a little while. It was so good to have some alone time with Todd and get to spend the evening together. It is something we need to be better about doing more often, for ourselves, and I feel like I am a better parent when I come back from a small break. It makes me feel refreshed and rejuvenated!
We would do it more if I was better about feeling comfortable leaving the kiddo's with a babysitter. But I get so nervous to leave them with anyone other than family or close, adult friends. I have never left my kids with a teenager (other than my brother) and the thought of doing it freaks me out. I was just feeling like I was getting to the point where I was ready to try it, and then the Makenna 'incident' happened. Now I am right back where I started. Thank you Todd for being patient and understanding with your over protective wife. I promise I will get over it, someday. Maybe the kids will be teenagers themselves when it happens...but it will happen :)
Anyway, the concert was great. Todd got me hooked on The Killers when we were dating and I love them, as does he. The concert was great. We had a blast. It was nice to feel young and 'wild' for an evening. We were sitting next to some creepy old guy that came to the concert alone. Todd said he was harmless but he freaked me out a bit. He just had "the look" to him that says STAY AWAY! But we got out of there without incident and had tons of fun. We had good seats and a great view. But next time I told Todd that we need to just be on the floor. I felt like a caged animal wanting to let loose and dance and go crazy but was confined by rows of seats.
I love you babe and thank you for a great night out. Kiss kiss!



5 comments:

Dacia said...

I know it's hard to leave your cute little ones with babysitters, but the weekly date night is so refreshing for a marriage too! It's so nice to have that time alone doing things you love outside of the home. It strengthens a marriage and it's FUN too. From one overprotective mom to another :)

C Knoop said...

Way to go McKamey's!!! I'm glad you two had so much fun. I love the photos and happy faces. hugs, C

Auntie Steph said...

Glad you got out ! And, you do need to do it more often. While I understand your apprehension using teenagers, remember that most of us grew up that way and I am not aware of a single crisis that happened to any of us or to any kids that your Mom, Auntie Amber and I were watching. Start slow (short periods of time)and it will be easier, and you'll find that babysitter your kids love almost as much as having a family member watch them. If you ever want to do something in O.C., I'd be happy to keep them for you.
Love you !

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Date nights are the best!

The Perry family said...

Yay for you guys! Get that cool grandma of theirs to babysit! I know how you feel about the whole babysitter thing. But you're right, it'll come. Sooner or later you'll get more comfortable. I'm so glad you guys got to have a hot date!