Friday, September 11, 2009

...And All Eternity...


On August 28, 2009 our family was blessed with the opportunity to go to the temple and be sealed together. It was one of the most special, important days of my life. I felt lucky to have the chance to tell and show my husband how much I love with him and that the love I feel for him goes beyond this life. And I feel like in a way we were able to re-marry one another and remind each other of the way it felt when we chose to spend the rest of our lives together. But this time it was even more. And to add to that, we were able to receive those same blessings and promises with our children. I felt such a feeling of joy and relief knowing that such an important thing is now taken care of. Especially after the July incident with Makenna it made me realize Just how important and crucial it is to having these things in order. And it has brought peace to my life knowing that we will be together as a family in this life and forever.
The children did a great job that evening, and even Todd obeyed himself rather well. We were not able to take the kids out of the temple in their white clothes (I am sure they don't want the kids getting grass stains all over the beautiful clothes, as I guarantee my children would have done), but believe me, they both looked darling beyond words. It is an image I will have in my head forever.
I still feel like I need to pinch myself some mornings, just to make sure this is all real. I feel blessed beyond words and beyond anything I thought I would ever have. My family is The most important thing to me. They are my world and bring me more happiness than I every knew was possible. And I now feel eternally blessed, knowing that I get to take The most important thing with me forever.








5 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Congrats to you and your entire family, that was a very special evening and something I know that I will never forget! You all looked so beautiful there as a family! SO happy to have all the family together! Love you all and congrats again!

Jessica said...

phew, i just caught up on the last few of your posts. your life is going full swing huh? Sounds like you guys are all doing well though. I'm so happy for you guys to be sealed, i'm sure that was quite the experience! Hope to see you all around soon :)

Auntie Steph said...

Congrats to you and your beautiful family. You finally have what you deserve.
Love all of you !

Unknown said...

Congratulations!
I found your blog through Carolynn's & I added you to my list. Hope you don't mind. Let's get our girls together soon.

Olayan Family said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and your family. Loved the beautiful pics:)