Facts about "THE CON" at 2!
- Conner is fearless. There is not much that he is not willing to try and very little he is unable to get into. With his bravery and curiosity is an enormous amount of natural physical skill, which only enables and empowers him to perform and carry out all his crazy ideas and stunts!
- Conner is starting to talk more and more every day. He is saying 2-4 word sentences now and is getting good at carrying on a basic conversation. He says Kellen ('tell-ten') and Sissy now and refers to himself as Con Con ('ton-ton'). He says Daddy and has recently started calling me "Mom" instead of Mama or Mommy....I do not appreciate this one bit!
- He is has been climbing out of his crib for awhile, though he stays in it at night and for naps pretty well.
- Favorite color seems to be blue.
- Loves the wiggles and barney. Loves to dance to any music that comes on. Is just starting to watch movies, his favorites being Nemo and Toy Story.
- Knows to say that he is 2 years old and like to mimic counting
- Favorite toys are trucks/cars, balls or action figures.
- Still a bit of a Mama's boy
- Favorite food is yogurt, tangerines, strawberries, pizza, spaghetti
- Loves to carry around coins. Loves money. Always wants to have at least 2 coins in his hand at all times.
- Very interested in babies. Has his own little baby that he occasionally sleeps with and carries around with him.
- Still sucks on the corner of his blankets (also referred to as his nigh-night).
- Taking 1 nap a day, about 1 1/2- 2 hours long
- Weighs 28 pounds (50%) and is inches tall (85%)
Happy 2nd Birthday to our crazy, funny, wild, loving, silly, cuddly, did I say Crazy little Con!
It's incredible to me how quickly they go from being tiny, helpless babies to small little boys so fast! 2 is always a hard birthday for me. It feels like you are really stepping out of the baby stage and admitting to yourself that the toddler years are in full swing and that you have a thinking, independent, smart little person now who is eager to learn and explore and grow so much!
The kids wanted Conner to have Slurpee for lunch on his birthday (because Conner really does know how to appreciate a Slurpee), but I told them he had to have at least some food. So we decided upon Burger King because they are the only fast food place I know of that serves Icee's. It did the trick for us all!
For Conner's Party we just had Grammy and Pa and our good friends The Nelson's join us at Chuck E Cheese for a fun night of games, rides, pizza, cake and presents. It was perfect for Conner. He got to enjoy himself and have fun running around the place all evening and he also go the experience of having a group of people there to celebrate with him, sing to him and make sure he knew it was his special day!
Conner's little buddy Carter....who just so happens to share the same birthday....born just 4 hours apart!
Daddy and "The Con"
Grammy and Kellen
The big kids were eager to get out on the floor and dance it up with Chuck E. in order to earn some free tickets to get prizes- Conner on the other hand stayed right in his seat and kept a close eye on the big mouse to make sure he did not get too close. Conner Loves Chuck E Cheese....he does not like Chuck E!
Present time, with a lot of eager helping hands trying to assist him
Enjoying his book from Grandma and Grandpa.
Conner Loved his musical birthday card from Uncle Bob and Aunt April. He was a nut about it until it was in pieces.
He may be 2 now, and he may technically be my toddler now, not my little baby. But he still does this, and as long as I can have my cuddles and my little boy falling asleep in my arms I am a happy Mama!
It is amazing how quickly a child takes root in your heart and in your life. How after such a short amount of time it because entirely impossible to imagine what your heart felt like before you knew and loved this child and even more impossible to imagine your life without it now. Conner amazed me from the first time I laid eyes on him. He may be a maniac at times, but there is a sweetness and a big love to that little boy. We just adore him so much and love what he has brought to our family. We are so blessed to have his smiles and his laughter fill our home and our hearts every day!
Happy Birthday Conner babe!