Tuesday, September 1, 2009

All grown up!

I have been trying to hold off on putting up a new post until I got the pictures from our sealing day because I am very eager and anxious to write about it. Todd, the kids and I were all sealed together in the temple on Friday August 28th (which also happens to be Todd's birthday). It was an amazing day and I will tell you more about it soon. I just don't want to get into it to much without some visuals as well.
But I can't wait any longer to put something else up. I just have too many fun pictures to share. It feels like so much has been going on and we have been having such a blast lately. I think I will just let the pictures do most of the talking. I'm sure it is more fun that way than hearing me ramble on too much :)

First off, and perhaps most exciting of all, Kellen is a walker! Well, maybe 85% of the way to be a walker. He has been taking a couple of steps on his own here and there for a few weeks now. Last week one or two steps turned into 3 or 4. Over the weekend he was walking about 6 steps or so at a time. Then on Monday and today he has been walking all over, maybe 20 steps at a time. Crawling is still his main mode of transportation. But he gets on his feet as much as he can and walks until he falls. He is doing so good and seems so proud. Makenna is very proud of him as well. She is quick to announce any time he is taking steps all by himself. "Look mama, he is learning how to grow up!" Way to go bud! I will get pics of it soon.
As a celebration for walking Kellen got a sucker. That was a bit of a mistake. I've never had such a sticky baby. Sink time for a quick bath and rinse off.
Makenna was taking pictures of Todd and I- she loves to be a photographer these days and always wants to use the camera. I kissed Todd in one of the pics and then she wanted me to take a picture of her and Daddy. I said okay, she gave me the camera, climbed in an Daddy's arms and laid a big one on him for me to take a picture of. It was sooo cute!

My little water babies. Slowly but surely I am feeling less and less panicked every time we go swimming. Makenna is doing amazing in the water. No fear of it whatsoever. And to top it off she is even starting to swim on her own. We were practicing without her life jacket and she said she wanted to swim by herself. So I let her try and to my surprise she made it about 3/4 of the way across the width of the pool. Go Makenna! You are such a stud!
Poor Kellen does not know how to lay himself down when he falls asleep in his crib, so this is how I usually find him and then turn him onto his side. Quite flexible though!
I got out of the shower the other day to find Makenna outside with the hose pouring water on the dirt to make "muck". At first I was going to scold her, but instead we had a talk about when you can and cannot use the hose and then I let her play in the mud for awhile. Todd doesn't appreciate this too much but in my mind there are only a few years where it is okay and acceptable to be playing in the mud in your panties. You might as well live it up, right?!
Kenna and Daddy watering the plants together. They love sharing this chore and it is good Daddy/Daughter time.
Kellen inside helping Mama vacuum. The kid is in love with the vacuum. It makes it difficult to do the job without running over him since is constantly trying to crawl on top of it, but it is funny all the same.
I feel like all of the sudden these days both of my babies are doing so much growing up. Makenna seems like such a big girl and so much less toddler than she was last year. And Kellen is walking right out of the baby phase and into the toddler one. It is so bittersweet watching your children grow and learn and change.

2 comments:

Auntie Steph said...

Congrats on the sealing ! Can't wait to see the pics. I love that you are so good about letting the kids do all the fun things like playing in the mud ! Such a great Mom !
I have to agree with you, it is so great watching your babies becoming great people, but it also means they are growing up.
Love all of you !

Kipn n' Sarah said...

All of the pictures are super duper cute! I will get those sealing pictures to you ASAP so you can blog them. I do not want you to be like me and be like 6 posts behind on this thing :)
Your kids do seem to be getting so big so quickly it freaks me out for how fast little Brooke is going to feel so super big!
Love the MUCK that Makenna makes! She is so funny!