Friday, September 4, 2009

They must be born with it...

Girls. They are just pure Drama! And it is not something that they learn or a characteristic the acquire (because I Swear I am far from dramatic). But not my darling little Makenna. The girl is a drama queen! I wouldn't be a fan of it, but the girl could definitely have a career in acting if she wanted to. The funny thing is that in so many ways the girl is as tough as they come. She is really not afraid of anything. She can get slammed around and take it without a whine or a whimper. But get a tiny cut or scrape when she is in the right mood and wow, the entire world comes to a complete stop.
The best part about our most recent 'owie' episode is that neither she nor I know when and how she even got this 'owie'. I was going to get her out of the car at the store and she noticed some dried blood on her knee. That was all it took. The tears started flowing and the shrieks and screams began. We were in a bit of a hurry, so I told her we needed to keep moving. So we did, and she limped through the entire store, holding her knee in her hands and crying. She got a lot of sympathy looks and comments, and I think that only made it continue longer. If the girl knows she is getting attention she will never stop.
Eventually she calmed down in the car on the way to Grammy's house to swim. And by the time we were getting our bathing suites on the 'owie' was forgotten. We went through the rest of the day without incident, until bath time that is. As Makenna was climbing in the bath she bonked her knee, which of course brought immediate attention to the 'owie'. The whole time in the bath she screamed...and I mean screamed...as if her leg was being cut off. She wouldn't let it get wet (even though she had been in the pool just hours before), so we quickly and carefully washed her hair and let her get out. She had me carry her to the couch where she laid, crying, hiding her face for quite awhile. Finally, after a lot of coaxing and many tears later, she got off the couch and allowed me to put a band aid on it. For some reason Makenna is freaked out by band aids and rarely puts one on. I wish she could be one of those kids that just needed a band aid and then life was great. But she did put one on, thank to the fact that I had Just bought new Dora band aids, and after seeing Dora on her knee she finally put on her brave face and got dressed and ready for bed. She continued to limp the rest of the night, but at least the neighbors no longer thought I was beating my child to death.
Girls....
There it is...the 'Owie'. I swear it is there...you just have to look closely.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Everytime Addy gets a shot in her leg she limps around for like three days. She will even forget which leg it was and start limping on the wrong one! Where do these girls get it from?

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Ok that is SO SO SO funny and SO MAKENNA!!! I love the story, CLASSIC!!! That kid cracks me up! Well I am glad it is over, well for now!

The Perry family said...

We have an almost identical story of Aleah! It's outrageous, isn't it? Sometimes it drives me crazy, actually most times. What a funny girl! Enjoy Mommy,Ha!

Auntie Steph said...

Love the "look".