Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Shout Out To The Daddy!


Daddy, with some help from Pa and Uncle Ding (aka David) assembled Makenna and Kellen's "Park Swing" a few weekend ago. Seeing that Makenna spends at least a few hours a day outside, we thought it would be a worth while investment to buy a nice, big, wooden play set for the kids to have for years to come. So we did some shopping around on Craigslist and found one in good condition that we picked up. Todd spent a couple more weeks cleaning, stripping, sanding and staining the entire thing. It looks good as new now! He really did an amazing job. He has so much more patience with that sort of stuff than me....I would have brought it home and been impatient and thrown in together as soon as possible. But Todd did a fantastic job and put in a lot of time and work and it looks great now!
Makenna was with us when we went and looked at it and when we told her we were buying it and bringing it home for her she said "You are getting me a park?!!" Since then she has been talking to Daddy and thanking Daddy making her a "park". And since hearing so many people call it a swing set she now calls it her "park swing". Little kids are the greatest! I know I say it all the time, but I just love that little girl. She is a crack up! I look forward to Kellen talking and hearing the silly things he has to add to our conversations. He is already quite the comedian and can get a group laughing with ease!
Anyway, Daddy, we love you. Thank you for our "Park Swing"....and an especially big Thank you from your wifey. I may not be the one climbing all over it (though I have been up it and down the slide a great number of times at the request of the wee one), I do greatly appreciate having a very entertained little girl outside. Makes my life Soooo much easier.
You Rock Daddy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that thing looks AMAZING!!!! I did not know that it was such a great big amazing park!!! It looks fantastic and totally looks new! Good Job Daddy!!! Brooke can't wait to play on it she told me!

Jamie said...

That is an awesome swing set! I'm just like you, no patience with things like that. He did a great job and it looks super fun!

Auntie Steph said...

Very cool ! Great job Todd !