Tuesday, September 27, 2011

This and That

Cartoons have sort of been a thing of the past in my house these days. The new craze is "writing boxes." It's an idea I got from Kenna's open house at school. They suggested making a box for your child with different size and shaped papers, pens, crayons, pencils, markers, rulers, glue, stickers, books, scissors, etc, etc. The kids LOVE their writing boxes. They could sit down together for hours and just color and write and create. It has been awesome! It does take some supervision, but it is so nice to see them doing something like this during their down time. I seriously feel like my kids are coloring or drawing All the time! All The Time! It's great. Kellen is especially in love with it. And he even requests for me to give him "Homework" all the time now. Too silly!

Love my baby boy! His eyes just make me melt.
Makenna and Kellen were "painting" each others faces with pen. Thankfully it was dry erase pen and came off easily. Makes me remember to keep the Sharpe's far away!
The other day Makenna had a party to go to that was a girls only sort of birthday party. Kellen was feeling a bit down so I decided to take the boys to Chuck E Cheese for a couple of hours and play some games. It was great because with just the two boys 5 bucks is all it takes. Kellen decided to go out as Spiderman that day. Silly boy! Love him!
Makenna brought this home the other day and I just thought it was totally cute. I loved her pictures with the flowers and birds and the girl with the really long neck (perhaps part Giraffe?) I was especially impressed when I learned that the words she wrote here she sounded out and wrote on her own (mostly). And they have only been in school a month!!!
This is another cute piece of Makenna work: A list of everyone in the family. She initially wrote every ones name and brought it to me and then said "Wait Mom! I forgot someone. Will you tell me how to write Jesus?" Times like this I smile and think I must be doing something right!
Last week I got to work in Makenna's class for the first time. I loved it and loved the chance to see Makenna in her class. She is doing Such a good job and I am so proud of her. When I came in Mrs. Folks had her come get me by the hand and bring me up to the front of the room. Her teacher asked her to introduce me to the class. She said "Hello class. My name is Makenna McKamey (the way they always address the class when speaking up front). I would like to introduce you to my mom." Her teacher asked if I had a name and Makenna replied "Mom". Mrs. Folks then asked if I should be called Mrs. Mom then? Makenna said yes. This just made me smile :) I LOVE her teacher. She is Amazing and PERFECT for Makenna!
The same day I worked in her class they had a little Picnic at school with the parents for all the Kindergartners. It was cute and Makenna was thrilled and we had a blast!
Kenna and her best buddy at school Kara.

No comments: