Saturday, August 27, 2011

Our Big Con!

I don't know exactly what happened, but apparently when Conner turned 1 someone told him he was no longer a baby and that starting immediately he must behave like a toddler. I swear, it seems like practically overnight Conner put his infant ways behind himself and adopted a very big boy, 'nothings gonna stop me' sort of attitude.
I truly look at Conner sometimes and wonder what happened to my little baby. Conner is a wild child now! 100% boy all the way. Totally fits the stereotype for what you expect a little boy to be through and through! He is still sweet and cuddly and cute as can be. But now he is into EVERYTHING! He is smiley and funny and loves to laugh. He also loves to run around grunting and growling and yelling with glee. He loves to carry things around and hit anything and everything in his path....walls, the floor, the furniture, toys, siblings, etc. I'm trying hard to curb this impulse of his, but it's a bit tricky when he can't really be disciplined all too much at this age beyond telling him "no".
Conner is a climber! He started walking at 11 months and already at 13 months old the kid can climb on all my furniture, coffee table, bathroom vanity, all the way to the top of the playset, etc. It scares me that he is skilled enough to successfully climb but lacks the maturity and skill to know what to do or how to get down safely. He is definitely one that needs an eye on him All the time!

Here are a few things about Conner at 1
- Not just walking but running and climbing. Just learned the fun of playing chase and loves to run away from someone trying to get him while he squeals with delight!
- Says Mama, Dada, Dog and makes a "num num" sort of word when he wants to eat. Not saying much else beyond that, even though he does make a lot of noise!
- Loves to give high five and gives amazing kisses
- Very much a water baby! Loves the water so much...he acts as though he is ready for you to let him go and have him swim away on his own
- Weighs 24.2 lbs (70%) and 32 inches (95%)
- Hates getting dressed and getting his diaper changed
- Has 7 teeth....4 on top and 3 on the bottom
- In love with balls. Happily spends a large part of the day collecting, carrying and throwing balls around the house. And he has a good arm too!!
- Gets along great with both Makenna and Kellen. Wants bad to keep up with them! Would love to play outside all day long if he could!

Hanging with the big kids now. And he's even starting to look like one of them!
I just love this face! And that hair...it just kills me! That boy was blessed with a beautiful head of hair! Very lucky kid....
Look at this boy go! I feel sort of ripped off though! I was totally looking forward to that stage where you can let them run around outside and they can be just happy to run and play without having to worry too much about them getting into everything. Yeah, we sort of skipped that phase. I guess he's just an over- achiever!

Isn't he just so proud though?!
My happy babe with his baba and his blanky. I'm a bit of a push over with him! He may have his bottle a bit longer than his older siblings. He is just so sweet and cuddly when he has his bottles, I am sad to give that up!
The scowl! He gives this look a lot, but it is normally followed by a smile.
We just love our little Conner so much! He is as adorable as they come and has such a sweet heart. He is full of love and laughter and kindness. And at the same time he is a force to be reckoned with. Conner makes his presence known! He is full of like and spunk and attitude and knows how to hold his own. I can tell already he is not going to ever let anything stand in his way. We are so blessed to have his spirit in our home and have all the joy that he brings to each and every one of us. We love you Con!

2 comments:

The Picketts said...

Your kids are so adorable?! I love that he still has his bottle...
With Sienna, I am a push over, too and still let her have her pacifier. We'll be rid of it before the next baby comes. I think it's me trying to keep her a baby! Maybe you feel the same way about Conner. :o)
I sure love hearing the updates on your family! :o)

Auntie Steph said...

I can't believe how much he's "grown-up" in the short time since I've seen him:)