Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Little Shag

Conner's cute and shaggy hair has inspired me to try and grow out Kellen's hair and see what other options are available with it. His hair is VERY different from Conner's. Kellen's is pretty thick and course, Conner's is thin and fine. Kellen's has a bit of a wave to it, Con's is straight as can be. Last time I had taken him in to get it cut the lady pointed out the way that his hair starts to get a bit wavy with length. What a better time to grow it out and see what it is like than right now when he is 2 and no one is really going to care what his hair looks like. For awhile it was going through that in-between stage that was driving me crazy, but recently the length has started growing on me and looking cuter. It still has a long way to go, but I am starting to see what it may end up being. He's adorable no matter what his hair is doing, but I am also enjoying the chance to have fun and experiment with him.
Kellen and I have had a lot more time together recently, and it has been such a blessing and so nice to have this special time together. Children are so different one on one than they are when all their siblings are around. It has been so good to have that time with Kellen again, to play together, just he and I. To laugh and be silly and enjoy time with each other. I feel like Kellen is really growing up right now. He seems to have gotten taller and more stretched out and is just looking more little kid like and less toddlerish. He gets smarter every day and I am always blown away by the details he remembers and the connections he makes with things all on his own. He is a great big brother to Conner and really loves be the leader when it is just the two of them and teaching him things, showing him the ropes and helping him out. He's just a good boy inside and out. I love my brown eyed boy!
This face and those eyes will always melt my heart!
He can be such a goon. I love his silly side!

1 comment:

Auntie Steph said...

He's such a sweetheart:)