Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Trying...

I am very behind in a lot of my posting. I am doing better than my sister, but I still have a ton I need to put up. So here you are...an onslaught of pictures because if I don't do it this way it might never get done....
Enjoy :)

The little ones....finally getting along pretty darn well again. They are having so much fun together these days. It is so great to hear them playing and laughing together.
Kellen boy is growing up. He is doing all sorts of knew things these days. One of the things he loves to do is imitate actions...like talking on the phone or brushing his hair. So cute!
Learning how to mount the ATV the he got for his birthday. He can now get on it but still can't push the button on his own. Once he learns there will be no stopping him!
Kellen before his hair cut. Notice the craziness in the back flipping up...It was just getting too wild
My little stud muffin post hair cut!
We're working on getting rid of the binky. We are down to only using it in bed and in the car. Occasionally it is pulled out at a store or church because this boy can get LOUD! But we are getting there.
Kellen boy also had his 12 month apt today. He is doing well, for the most part. He has a wild rash on his bum right now. He has had the runs and the acidity has basically burned his rear end. Poor baby. We are using LOTS of vaseline and desitin. Other than that he is the picture of perfect health. He is 27 lbs even (90-95%) and is 32 1/2 in (above the 95%)....so yes, he is still big! He does have asthma, but the doc believes it will only really affect him when he gets sick. At least for now...hopefully it doesn't develop into something more. He is running all over the place and is trying very hard to imitate words. He will start talking soon! He loves to sing "the itsy bitsy spider" and is learning the hand motions for it really well. He can show you where his mouth, hair, feet and diaper are (yes, he believes his diaper is a part of his body...it sort of is). He is such a sweet natured, loving, cuddly boy. I just can't get enough of our little Bud Bud!
My two favorite boys!

My crazy Kenna! She came to the table the other day and told me she was a cat. When I turned around she was much more cat like than I expected her to be...she drew whiskers on her face with marker. Thankfully it was washable!
Kenna continues to believe she is Mowgli (from the jungle book) and prefers to be shirtless. But we got these great rain boots for her and now, thanks to them, she will agree to shoes more often.

Kenna and Cam being little Mowgli friends together!

I love my girls!
If you notice my forehead you will see a small cut. This cut is from where Makenna was running towards me, tripped and fell teeth first into me. It was quite a good cut and I did a lame job of cleaning it (because Kenna was crying and I was trying to take care of her). It got infected for a day or two, but is taken care of and gone now. It was funny for a few days though... I looked ridiculous!
Just can't get enough of my babe!
Makenna LOVES to play computer games right now. A few weeks ago I got on the Nick Jr website with her, thinking it would be funny for her to see some of her fav characters. I had no idea she would be able to play the games so well and enjoy it so much. Thankfully they are educational, so I don't feel so bad letting her spend some time on there. She looks so big!


Our family took a trip over to Bates Nut Farm and spent the afternoon down there. It was REALLY hot and crowded, but it was a lot of fun. They had great little treats, animals to look at, a huge pumpkin patch. It was fun to do as a family and may very well become a tradition.
Kenna and Daddy searched for the perfect pumpkin while Mommy chased Kellen around.

6 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Wow sis, way to get a ton done in 1 post and I did a good job last night and did a whopping 2 posts and am going to do another one today so I am catching up :) But yes you are much better than I am at keeping up on your posts.
LOVE Kellen's new hair!!!! SUPER CUTE!!! I love all of the pictures of everybody. Your kids are so much fun and I already miss them so much! I miss you too sis!

The Perry family said...

so fun! I love the pumpkin patch! little bud is so handsome and that Kenna is crazy!

Jessica said...

i loved all the pictures, do you like having a girl and boy? I'm sort of nervous for how they will get along and play, i was sort of hoping for a girl, a sister for riley, but you get what you get and i love Braden :) For the butt rash, try "borduex's butt paste" that stuff works MIRACLES! you can find it at any store

The Hardy's said...

Looks like you guys have been up to alot of fuN! I need to start catching up on all my posts! I always end up checking everyones, and by the time I'm done, I'm too tired to do my own! lol. But you have inspired me to catch up on them!

Auntie Steph said...

Both kids look soo grown up !
Love the whiskers ! As well as the boots, what a hoot !
We used to take Jake to Bates every year. Loved the pumpkin patch and the fact that he could run around and get dirty all day !

Dan Wyrick said...

What Fun the kids looked great. You and Todd looked great too. It just goes to show you that grown up are just big kids. I liked the haircut pics. What a super job on the post....Loved it all :O)