Thursday, October 22, 2009

Another First!

On Monday the kids and I had a big day. Though it was a hard thing to do, it was time to get their hair cut. Makenna's hair really needed to be trimmed up and shaped. Obviously her hair is taking it's time growing, but she is 3 now and I thought it was about time. And Kellen, well, the top of his head didn't have a lot going on....he looked a lot like an old man losing his hair and trying to pull off a comb over. But in the back he had a nice mullet developing. Though I have fond feeling for mullets, they don't belong on my son. It was just getting a little out of control. The day we took him in for the hair cut the back of his hair was blowing in the wind...so it was definitely time!
Both of the kids did a great job! I took them to a little kiddy salon and they seemed to enjoy themselves.

Makenna was such a good girl and was very cooperative. She looked a bit shell shocked in the beginning but she relaxed and had fun with it. The lady put it in a french braid when she was done and sprayed glitter spray on it. She thought she looked like a real princess and was loving it. But that didn't last for long. Once we got in the car she started to cry and I asked her what was wrong. She said that she didn't want bows and she wanted hair like Kellen. She pulled the bows out but I was able to convince her to keep the braids in the rest of the day. Such a tomboy!




Kellen was a little stud. He sat their content while she trimmed him up. He kept getting the chills when she would buzz his neck and it was hilarious to watch. He looks Soooo much better now. It is amazing how much cutting his hair has changed his look. It really has left him looking like a much bigger boy and so much less like a baby. It is adorable and I am very happy that we got it done!




So Congrats to the little ones for getting their hair done and to me for not crying through it.

2 comments:

The Perry family said...

Oh my goodness, she is such a tom boy! and so cute! Your little man looks like a stud! good job kids!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I am so glad I got to be there for that. They both look so stinkin cute!!!! Seriously you got some cute kids and dang did they do SO GOOD getting their hair cut!