Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mama's Boy

On Monday my little man hit a big milestone. He started saying his first word...."mama", which of course just melts his mama's heart. I know that babies babble a lot and he has been babbling for awhile now. He will say "ba ba ba" all the time and other silly babblings. But this has been different.
On Monday I notice that whenever I would walk out of the room and it would upset him (he has a bit of separation anxiety) he would start saying "ma ma ma" and as soon as I came back in the room or went to him he would stop. And for the rest of the day any time he got sad or needed a toy or to be sat up or started to cry he would start saying "ma ma ma", as if he was calling for me. And once again, as soon as I got to him he would be fine and stop saying it. So to me it does seem as if he knows that I am mama. It is very cute to hear. So of course I have a sampling to share with you. I am sure I look mean for filming him when he is upset. But like I said, that is really the only time he says it.
My baby boy is growing up :(

2 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I love this little man and totally can't believe he is growing up so stinkin fast. Already calling for his mama out of frustration, it is so cute!

The Perry family said...

I love when they can call their mama...and then they don't stop. Live it up!