Friday, May 29, 2009

It's been awhile...

I realized a few days ago that it's been a bit since I through a new post up.  I was sick for about 6 days straight, first with the flu and then right as that was fading away I got mastitis (for my third time while nursing Kellen). So needless to say I was quite miserable for the last week. I felt like a terrible wife and mother...my husband had a messy house and no dinner on the table and my kids looked bored out of their minds. But thankfully I had good help from my hubby who was off for a long weekend anyway. And I am loaded with antibiotics now and feeling great once again. So I made it a priority to take some pictures the last few days to share. 
Daddy and Kellen playing. Kellen loves to stand and does it quite well these days with just a little help up.
My goofy little man.
Look at me Mama!
I am such a sucker for this boy's smile. He is such a happy little boy. I love having my little boy to love on me all day...he works me over already.
Almost every day when we are out running errands we see the Trolley go by. And lately Makenna has gotten really excited about it when we see it. So I thought it would be fun if we took a Trolley ride, just for the heck of it. We needed to go to the store so we jumped on the Trolley, took it to the next stop, got off, shopped, got some Jamba Juice and then jumped back on. It was so much fun. Makenna had a blast. It was so cute to see how excited she was getting the ticket and riding backwards. She kept saying "Hold on tight mama, we going really, super fast!" It was a fun experience to have. It's great to see the small things that bring such a big smile and excitement to your childs face. I can't wait til she sees Disneyland when we go this summer for her birthday!
She looks weird here, but she was just too excited to take a good picture.
Kellen got excited too, can't you tell? :)
My little love bugs!

Kenna has been wanting to take pictures by herself lately, so we have been sharing taking pictures with the camera. She really is pretty good, when she can keep her fingers off the lens.
I know I have said it before, but she really melts my heart.




6 comments:

Dacia said...

A trolley ride, how fun! Don't you just love those fun mommy experiences and simple pleasures? I sure do.

Jessica said...

ewww masitits, i heard that is a bundle of fun...feel better soon! Youre such a good mom for realizing how excited makenna is by the trolly and letting her ride it!

The Picketts said...

you really have such a cute little family! I'm glad you're feeling better - getting sick AND mastitis...NOT FUN! LOVE the pictures!

Andrea said...

Kellen just kills me with his smile! He is too cute. I smile every time I see pictures of him. The picture of Makenna at the bottom of the post is sweet. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better Amanda!

The Perry family said...

Hey, I've missed too much! I didn't know you went through the temple and that you guys are planning to get sealed this month or next. AWESOME!!
Did you think you had the swine flu? I feel so bad for you .I only had mastitis once and I felt like dying.
Your kids are cute and your husband is great! Hopefully I can keep up with the next couple weeks.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

O I totally LOVE this cute little post with all your super fun pictures! Kellen boy is getting so big, and standing, WOWZERS those chubby legs are going to get a work out! He has a smile that melts my hear too. Little Makenna, love that she is digging the trolly and that you are such a cool mom that you rode it down the street to have the experience, you are such a good mommy. Also WAY TO GO KENNA on the photography skills and Amanda did you just loose a ton of weight, you look itty bitty! HOTTIE!!!!