Monday, May 19, 2008

Oh, Makenna....

For the last month or so Makenna and I have been working on building a close relationship with the potty with the hopes that she will embrace it. We are just in the very early stages of potty training. Nothing hard core yet. But things are going well. Makenna loves her potty (and her potty loves her) and likes taking it around the house. She has also decided that she really enjoys sitting on the big potty, so we got her a potty ring and she has been practicing sitting up there, wiping herself, flushing....she pretty much has the whole process down except for the actual peeing part. She has no desire to actually "Go" potty. That's okay....one step at a time.
Makenna has also recently fallen in love with her baby doll. She takes care of her baby doll as if she were mommy and it was her real baby. It is adorable!
On Saturday night we went to dinner as a family. When we got home, I needed to use the restroom. But before I got to far in, I noticed something sticking out of the potty...Apparently Makenna has decided that her baby needs to be potty trained as well. So she took it upon herself to show the baby the potty. And boy did she give her baby a really close look at the potty. I couldn't help but laugh, so I had Makenna come into the bathroom and pose next to the baby in the potty. So cute.
When I went to take the baby out of the potty and go wash and dry her, Makenna had a bit of a melt down. So Todd went to get a different baby for her to play with. She immediately took that baby and headed straight for the potty. Needless to say, we are keeping a close eye on how much contact baby dolls have with potties from here on out.
This is just another reason why I love this little girl So Much!

6 comments:

The Picketts said...

Oh my gosh Amanda! Can that BE any cuter?!?!?!? What a darling little girl you have. Makes me excited (and nervous) for what's to come!

The Hardy's said...

she is such a crack up! i always LOVE checking your blog to see whats going on with that lil girl! she is just too funny! you guys must be laughing all of the time! and i love the sea world pics below....you still cant tell you are prego. you are amazing! you look great!!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

She is seriously one of the funniest kids ever in the entire world. Life is so exciting with this little girl. I love her posed picture with the toilet.

Dacia said...

It's a good thing the dolls are too big to flush. You'd have an even bigger problem if they were smaller :)

Lance and Becky said...

This is so funny! Bring all the advise on when she goes on the potty...I don't think Lance is even close either! You're such a cute mommy! I love the pictures of the sea world trip...so much fun! I wish we lived close to those fun things!

Anonymous said...

HAHA, I know this experience all to well. Actually, Minnie Mouse knows this experience all too well.