Wednesday, May 7, 2008

IT"S A......

BOY!!!
Todd and I are totally thrilled. It is so great to know that we are going to be having a son. It makes the pregnancy feel much more personal and real in a lot of ways. We can't wait! We have the girl, the boy, the dog...all we need is the white picket fence.

Our little boy is going to be named Kellen Edward Walter McKamey. The middle names are mine and Todd's maternal grandfathers names. And both of us just fell in love with the name Kellen the minute we heard it. We were each drawn to it right away and the name just seems perfect for this little man that is going to be joining our lives.

Everything else at the ultrasound went wonderful as well. All of the babies body parts and organs were accounted for and looked just as they should. He was doing back flips and wouldn't sit still the entire time...he is a active little one for sure! He needs to be to keep up with his big sister. He checked in at 12 ounces and is about 6-7 inches long right now. The projected due date based on his measures was Sept 27th. We are pretty much half way there :)

7 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!!!! I am so excited to have a little nephew and I can't wait to see him and meet him and watch little Makenna be a big sister to her litte brother. To be honest with you it sounds so strange to say that Makenna is going to have a little brother. WOW!!! It is so fantastic and I LOVE THE NAME!!! Congrats sis! Life is wonderful!

The Picketts said...

Congrats on the little boy! How fun!!! YAY! He's going to be just a cute as his big sister!

Lance and Becky said...

YAY! I'm so happy for you guys! One of each...you will love it! So fun! He'll be a heart breaker I'm sure! His sister sure is!

Julie said...

Oh, I forgot to ask you today so I am so glad to see from your blog that you are having a boy. Congratulations and Happy Mother's Day! And-the name you picked out is awesome.

Dacia said...

Congrats! How exciting!

The Perry family said...

Nice pic. Moose!
Congrats on the new little boy coming! I'm excited for you! You'll have one of each and then you can be all done--just playing! I'm sure you'll have plenty more! I'll talk to you soon!

Dan Wyrick said...

Papa's so happy so happy, happy is he. I'm going to have a little grandson how exciting! It's now Double the Pleasure with Makenna & Kellen. I am soooooooo happy 4 all of U 2. Life is good 4 the McKamey's how wonderful!

Love Dad