Monday, February 4, 2013

Tricksters

Halloween has probably become one of my favorite holidays. Seeing it through the eyes of the parents of young kids, it is just such a fun time of year. I am always anxious to hear what costume my kids are going to pick out. And there is just something fun and magical about watching their excitement as they dress up and be their character for the day. The candy part is a bit annoying. But thanks to my "binge and give away" method, it has not been too bad (the kids get 1 day after halloween to eat as much candy as they want. I will insist that they eat a few healthy things during the day, but they control their candy intake. That night they make a baggy full of their favorites and the rest is tossed).
A big shout out to Grammy for making 2 of the costumes (Kellen's and Makenna's) I have promised my children that I will learn to sew when I am a Grandma so I can make things for their children. Until then, I will appreciate every stitch my mother sews for our family!
 Kellen wanted to go as a pirate. Not any specific pirate. Just a Pirate in general. He loved the painted on beard and he did a great job speaking in a real pirate voice.
 Con made a perfect Buzz Lightyear. He has the personality and the look for it. He was absolutely adorable and loved his wings. And amazingly he kept the hat on the whole time!
 Makenna creatively chose to be a Unicorn Pegasus (the best of both worlds!). Grammy just blew us all away with her ability to so perfectly create such a costume. A Very Makenna-ish costume.
My babes. Well, the ones big enough to stand.
And then our wee little Carys. I felt like she was too tiny and delicate to put a real costume on. So we went with this cute ensemble. She was perfect!
 The kiddos at the ward Halloween Trunk-or-Treat. 

The biggins and their cousins. So cute! Brooke and Kipper very much complimented Kellen.
 Getting ready to go out on Halloween night. Daddy and his little peanut lookin so cute. Does she not just look so tiny in his arms?
  My two bearded boys!
It still seems weird to see me surrounded by 4 kids....MY 4 kids!
 On Halloween Makenna's Bestie Katie was in town so we were able to get together with her and her little sister Kiely to do some group trick-or-treating. As we usually do we went around Grammy and Pa's street. It is just the right size for the kids. Big enough to get lots of candy and tire them out. It was fun but also made me realize how grown up our kids are becoming.

No comments: