Thursday, July 28, 2011

Who Ever Knew...

....That a haircut could be so painful?!?
Conner is usually so happy, easy going, quick to make friends, comfortable with mostly anyone and any situation. So taking him to get his haircut just sounded like a fun and exciting outing to me. I figured he would wiggle like crazy, but that was my biggest concern.
It started like this, "What is this place? What is this chair? Why am I wearing this ridiculous cape? Mom?"
His unsureity became a little more intense as each moment passed....
And then he lost it. Sheer terror on his face the entire time. You would have thought they were chopping the kids arm off....the poor thing. And the saddest part was he kept reaching a hand out to Daddy and Mommy, looking for someone to rescue him. I'm sure my response of just taking pictures and trying to get him to lighten up just further infuriated him.

Then I had the Genius idea of grabbing him a sucker. "This will get him distracted and quiet him down." It worked....
...for about 15 seconds.
In the end he walked away traumatized, but cleaned up and looking sharp for his party. His hair doesn't really look too different at all. We both like the shaggy look he has going on, so they basically just cut the back (which was forming a mullet/pony tail thing) and evened out the top a bit. He looks adorable to me, but it will be awhile before we go back...

No comments: