Monday, July 4, 2011

Strut Your Stuff!

I swear one morning I woke up to this...
And then before I even knew it all I was seeing was this!!
Yes, Conner is most definitely a walker by every definition of the word! It is still crazy to me, when out of the corner of my eye I will see this little guy toddling past, arms up, wobbly step after step, just cruisin on past. I knew it was coming. Makenna and Kellen both started walking between 10-11 months. But it just feels like with Conner it snuck up a lot faster. Maybe it is because one day he was just taking one or two steps on his own. Then a day or two later he was taking 5 or 6 steps. And then really quickly after that he was getting across the entire room without falling. For some reason when I was younger and used to imagine having children I would always picture that moment where Mommy and Daddy are on the ground and their little baby is taking a few independent steps at a time back and forth between them. It still almost seems surreal (even when it is the third time around) to catch myself living out that moment.

These two pictures just melt my heart. So sweet. Such a proud Daddy!

Now the Con is everywhere! And I mean EVERYWHERE. He has become a real handful in the matter of just a week. I can tell already that he is going to be All Boy! The type of kid that climbs everything, wants to jump off tall things, try to scale the side of the playset, find a way to climb up to the roof, etc. I just see that energy in him already.
Now that he is pretty steady on his feet it makes it sooooo much easier to have him outside. And I think for Conner this is the biggest perk to walking. He wants so badly to be out in the back chasing Bella and trying to keep up with Kenna and Kellen. At least now I give him the opportunity more often. He is in heaven when he gets to play outside.
I feel like all week I Todd and I have been saying back and forth to each other "He's really growing up!" Such a bittersweet feeling.
One of Conner's favorite places in the back is on the trampoline. He needs to learn a soother way to climb off of it, but he is always quick to get right back on.
Conner is also at the age where he is just figuring things out- how they work, what they mean, cause and effect, etc. He knows to put the balls in the right holes to make them go down the slide and then watches for them to come out the bottom. He can give kisses when you ask for them. He knows what nap time and baba's are. If he sees you eating food or opening the fridge or putting him in the high chair he says "mmmm". Like I said, He's just really growing up.

And with his walking and growing come "boo boo's" The poor kids head has been covered in bumps and bruises the last week. He takes it like a champ, but he looks silly. This particular one was from trying to climb onto Makenna's bed. His foot slipped and he fell down and hit his head on her frame. He has already mastered climbing onto Kellen's bed and toy box and he is close to getting up onto the couch. And of course all of this is happening while I am in a cast. Wish me luck! :) We love you Conner and are so proud of what a big boy you are becoming!!!

1 comment:

Auntie Steph said...

Love the pics of him walking:) But, he's growing up too fast:)