Thursday, July 28, 2011

Any Canvas for My Little Artists

The kiddos are obviously too young to know that every one's favorite thing about a cast is that you get to have people write on it. So the look on their face was just classic when I casually sat down, pulled out a sharpie and said, "Hey, who wants to draw on mommy's cast?" They were both over the moon. And they really did a great job turning an ordinary hot pink cast into a beautiful work of art. Makenna put the names of everyone in the family on there, drew me a flower, a heart and a picture of me wearing a cast. Kellen scribbled his little heart out and then got really excited when he realized one of his scribbles looked like a "candy cane". He was Very proud of his "candy cane" that he "drew" for mommy! I love my kiddos. I did not love my cast quite so much. But they made it a touch more tolerable.



My kids always think they need to do a silly face picture following a smiling one. I guess most kids do, right?
Can this face get any cheesier. Love it! At least he is once again smiling for the camera....you've got to appreciate that much!
One of the things I love about Kellen is that he is a complex individual, much like an ogre, with many layers to him. Those who don't know Kellen super well can see him as a more quiet, shy, introverted person. And he does have these qualities under certain circumstances. But in the comfort of our home, surrounded by people he loves and is at ease with, he is the biggest goof there is! He has such a silly side, I love it! And I love that not everyone sees it. You've got to be "in" with Kellen to really see him let loose. As little children do, Kellen love to wear his mommy and daddy's shoes. His favorite pair right now is this pair of mommy's boots. He calls them his "Hee High Boots". And hey, they are pretty great boots, can't blame him for loving them!

No comments: