Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Band-Aids, Birthday Cakes and Brothers

Kellen boy. Bud bud. You silly little guy. I just feel so blessed every day to have such a sweet little man in my life. Kellen is such a great kid. He amazes me every day with how much love he has in his heart. He is one of those people that is just genuine, sweet, cares and worries about others, is a giver, wants to please, wants to love. If I worry about Kellen in any way, I worry that he could let people push him around and take advantage of him because he is such a sweet little guy, and I know this is a sweetness that will be with him forever. I just love you Kellen. You make me smile more times in a day than I can count. You are silly and fun. You have the most contagious little laugh. Your brother and sister are very lucky to have you in their lives. You are a stud muffin. Just wanted you to know that!
Kellen is back in the midst of a band-aid phase. He gets a ration of 3 band-aids a day, and when he uses those up he is done for the day. Makenna sometimes goes in the bathroom and sneaks him one of her princess ones when I am not looking. And of course, she always likes to plaster them on his forehead. But he loves it, so I go with it too :)
Some might say this would be a great picture of the 3 of them if it weren't for the princess band-aid on Kellen's head. I say the band-aid is the cherry on top. It captures who my kids "really" are at this point in life, and that is what I like!
Brother bonding!
This is something that Kellen has been doing for a few months now (since around the time of his birthday) that I never want to forget....it is so sweet. First he gets his blocks (these particular blocks, as he has many sets of blocks). Then he assembles them to make his "birthday cake"
Once the birthday cake is assembled he proudly announces whose birthday it is going to be.
He then walks to the person, presenting the cake and singing happy birthday, which sounds like "Happy Opday to youuuuu!" He sings Happy Birthday so much that he even ended up teaching it to his little cousin Brooke, who now walks around singing it too. It is a catchy tune!
He then always makes sure the chosen recipient (this time makenna) blows out their candles, and then we all take a block off the "cake" and pretend to eat our piece. This is repeated until everyone has had their birthday. Kellen, you are just so fun!

2 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Ok all these pictures are precious! How have I not known about this birthday cake building??? I know about the singing of course because Brooke has been taught by her big cousin :) That is SO CUTE!!! I love that crazy little guy with that crazy huge heart! Kellen the contradiction is SO CUTE!!!! And just getting cuter day by day!

Auntie Steph said...

Great pics ! Love Kellens great personality and love the birthday cake !