Sunday, January 17, 2010

We do exist

I try to do a post a week, but some weeks just get away from me. Not that we have been THAT busy, I have just had a hard time finding computer time....not always at the top of my priority list.
But we are doing good. More than good, we are doing great. The weather has been amazing for January....warm and sunny almost every day. Last week we even took a trip down to the beach (which was very spur of the moment and I did not have my camera with). The kids loved playing in the sand, trying to eat sandwiches while fighting off pesky (and very aggressive) seagulls, and we even splashed in the waves a tiny bit. The water was quite cold, but we did get wet enough to need to take the kids pants off so they wouldn't get their car seats soaked. So we are having fun and staying busy. The kids seem to be growing up right before my eyes...both of them. Always so bitter sweet to see them get older and change.
Well, here's a small look into our every day lives right now.
My favorite pic of the week. So nice to actually see them having a real relationship!
Makenna loves nothing better than being able to get a reaction out of Kellen. Sometimes that may be making him scream and cry, but these days I hear more and more laughter. So here is a "good reaction" moment!
Kellen continues to assert himself as a "big boy" and recently he has taken to using his own spoon and fork. He is actually pretty good at it already too!

That's my boy! He LOVES balls so I figures we might as well get him going with the hoop...he loves it already. Making mama proud!
Still obsessed with dress-up. I'm still enjoying it too :)
Kenna loves to tell people that they are the prince and make them "dance the princess". Daddy is a great sport and is always happy to get up and twirl and dip his little princess. I know he enjoys the attention :)



What else could a mama ask for?
Kenna not only enjoys dressing herself up, but I guess Kellen's truck looked like he wanted to be a princess as well. I was pretty impressed with this and she was Very proud. She still hasn't tried to dress Kellen up...I have warned Todd that it will happen some day and that he is not allowed to freak out when he sees his boy in a princess dress and crown :)

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm glad to see your family is doing well. Cute pictures as always. How are you feeling with this new pregnancy. Hopefully good.

Thanks for rubbing in the good weather. I remember we went to La Jolla around this time last year and it was in the 70s and gorgeous. I miss it. I'm staring at snow out the window right now.

Jessica said...

the p.j. pictures are my favorite, so sweet! p.s.is mckenna supposed to be a super fairy princess hula girl? lol

Kipn n' Sarah said...

All of these pictures are totally cute!!! Your kids suddenly seem SO BIG and SO GROWN UP!!! Love that Kellen is playing ball, get him going early because he will totally be tall enough to rock at that sport! Love that the kids are getting along well, that is HUGE!!! Love the dress up shot of Makenna, it is SO CUTE!!!

The Perry family said...

How's the weather this week? Love to see and hear the updates. Aleah does the same thing with her dad, and Nani. She's the princess and others are the prince.
I hope you're surviving this pregnancy.