Thursday, January 21, 2010

12 Weeks

I am amazed, absolutely amazed that I am already 12 weeks along. 3 months. It is crazy. This pregnancy is flying by. In a way I don't mind if it slows down just a bit. I am thrilled to be pregnant and being having a third child join our family. I just don't mind the fact that it will still be another 7 or so months until she/he is here :)
This pregnancy has definitely been much different (more difficult) than the previous two. There have been similarities to Makenna's pregnancy and similarities to Kellen's. And then there have been things that have been totally different. I have been much more tired and Much, much more sick than before. I know I still can't complain too much because I have it a lot easier than many people I know. It has just surprised me to be so much more nauseous since I have never had to deal with that before. I have almost been entirely unable to cook anything besides sandwiches, hamburger helper, mac n cheese, things of that nature. I have been throwing up this time around which has not happened before. And I have just been wiped out all day long....no matter how much sleep or napping I get in. Still exhausted. Maybe that's just from chasing two highly energetic children everywhere. I don't know. But I a pooped.
However, in the last couple of weeks things have improved dramatically. I am not nearly as tired. I am much less nauseous and throwing up much less than before. And I have even cooked a few "real" meals. It is nice to see improvement and to know that at some point soon this should all have passed. I am eagerly awaiting that day.
The other new thing with this pregnancy is the rate that my belly is growing. My doctors had warned me when I was prego with Kellen that I would start changing and showing much sooner than I had before. But honestly that didn't really happen. If anything I started showing a little bit later the second time around. But pregnancy #3 has proved the doctors warning right. I am already much more comfortable in maternity clothes than my own clothes. It is sad, but it is reality. Oh well, what can you do. I swear it is not because I am eating too much... I can barely eat anything at all :)
Anyways, there you have it. I am grateful to be out of those first scary 12 weeks. I am grateful to know that my baby is healthy thus far and that everything is going smoothly. I am beyond grateful to be being blessed with another baby. I feel honored to be a mommy for the third time. I can't wait to find out if this will be another daughter or son (my gut is saying this is a girl!). We will find out in about a month!

Makenna was wanting to stand by me while I modeled my tummy. She is really able to appreciate this pregnancy and knowing she is going to be a big sissy again so much more this time around now that she is older and can really understand it. It is so fun!


4 comments:

Jessica said...

GLad you are feeling better, it's so hard when you just have ZERO energy to work with. Being pregnant is so fun and exciting i'm glad your loving it despite being sick. I'm exicted to find out if you are having a girl or boy too, my guess is boy for some reason. you tricked me into thinking you were having twins at the beginning of your blog when you talked about it still being
7 or so months until THEY are here. lol

Jessica said...

GLad you are feeling better, it's so hard when you just have ZERO energy to work with. Being pregnant is so fun and exciting i'm glad your loving it despite being sick. I'm exicted to find out if you are having a girl or boy too, my guess is boy for some reason. you tricked me into thinking you were having twins at the beginning of your blog when you talked about it still being
7 or so months until THEY are here. lol

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Ok so I agree with your gutt, I think its a girl as well but would be happy for either, in case you were worried about that :) Can't wait to find out what in the world you are having??? So sorry you are feeling so much worse, it makes me feel like I am totally not in the clear for the sickness thing. Cute pictures! We are super excited for you guys!

Auntie Steph said...

Sorry you're still having difficulties....I'm going with girl this time....not a real strong feeling, more a guess. Generally, I have a fairly strong feeling. Oh well. Happy pregnancy !