Sunday, August 2, 2009

Life goes on

Since our big scare it has been weird for me to just have life keep going on like normal. And although everything around me seems to be moving as it once did, I know that for me life will never be quite the same. The good part about that is I have endless amounts of patience with my children now...I don't care if they are being annoying, I am just happy to have them here. And for the time being I am a bit of a nervous wreck, but I know that will heal with time.
Makenna on the other hand is doing GREAT! You would never know by looking at her that things had come so close as they really did. She is being her old self and is back in the pool with no trouble at all. She is a strong girl. I always knew that about her, I guess I just never knew how strong. She makes me so proud.
So here is just a quick up date as to how we have been spending our time. I feel like we took it pretty easy this week and I am falling behind in real life, but that's okay. I just needed to take is slow for a little bit and hopefully this week I can join the rest of you in the real world again.
I am so blessed to have my family here and healthy and happy. It just makes me grateful for it every moment of every day.
This is Makenna and KC...the man that saved my baby. Talk about an instant bond with a person. We will love this man forever!

Such a happy girl...she doesn't miss a beat!
My baby is getting so big all the sudden. 10 months old...can you believe it?!

Kenna's lookin kind of thuggish here :)
We went to the wild animal park and Makenna thought this was the neatest thing ever. You buy nectar and can feed the birds. They landed all over her.and we didn't even get pooped on :)
The little "Bud" is finally on his hands and knees and getting into EVERYTHING now. But he is soo much happier, so it works for me. He is already trying to stand alone too. He wants to walk badly...he's to big for this baby crawling stuff.
They really adore each other!
Daddy knows how to be a good sport...only for his little girl!

What a rock star!


6 comments:

Auntie Steph said...

Love the stickers ! And, your wonderful family ! Keep enjoying the kids and don't push yourself to get back to normal. Who's to say what's "normal" anyway ????

The Picketts said...

I am SOOO glad that everything has been just fine with that sweet baby girl of yours! I couldn't even imagine going through that! I'll keep you guys in my prayers for sure!
Funny how I feel like I KNOW her through your blog - and just want to tell you to give her a big hug from me! ha ha ha- as if she'd KNOW who I am! What a dork I am.

The Perry family said...

Live up the love. I'm glad you guys are doing better and that little miss thang is as good as new.I wish I could see that little girl and all her personality.
Way to be a sport Daddy!

Andrea said...

Love the new pictures! I am so grateful that Makenna is doing so well and pretty much isn't fazed by the pool incident (I know that word doesn't do it justice). It's amazing how such an experience can change your perspective on life. It's wonderful that you just let your children do their thing and you just go with it because you know that the most important thing is that they are happy and healthy.

amber said...

this man will have a special place in your family for life!!! it's kinda sad that sometimes it takes something like this to put life in perspective. you are truly blessed.
love you auntie amber

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I am glad that you have been taking it easy and I appreciate you sharing your new perspective on mommyhood because I think it will help us all be better and more patient parents when we really think about the fact that it is a blessing that they are making us crazy! I love you and your example of motherhood! I will always look up to you!
Love all the pictures, love that little Kellen is crawling now, CRAZY! I love Makenna's thug shot too, classic! You guys rock!