Friday, July 24, 2009

What Really Matters


I don't have the emotional energy to do this post justice right now, but I have to take the time to quickly express my gratitude and appreciation to the Lord for watching over my family...my baby girl!
Makenna almost drowned in the pool today during a pool party. She was found upside down, limp, not breathing, face and lips blue. Our friend KC had decided to come with his wife and family to swim today instead of working...certainly not by chance. He is in the coast guard and quickly took action and began CPR and was able to resuscitate her after about a minute or so. I have never felt the pain, the anguish, the fear that I felt during that minute and a half. It was without a doubt the scariest, most difficult, traumatic thing I have ever been through. No parent should ever see their child like that. But KC brought her back to life. He saved my baby girl and for that I will forever hold a huge place in my heart for him. No amount of thanks, not even the grandest gesture in the world, could do justice to how grateful I am to him for what he did for my daughter.
The paramedics arrived, examined her and brought us quickly to the hospital. By then she was responsive and talking, but she needed to be monitored for 6 hours after the incident. She looked great and was sent home with us with a very promising, optimistic report. She already seems back to her old self and one would never know by looking at her that only 12 hours ago she was fighting for her life.
My heart is so full of thanks to our Father in Heaven. I know he watches over and cares for each and every one of his children. Today I truly saw his hand at work in my daughters life. He knows us and is aware of us, and he protected my family today. I love the Lord with all my heart, might, mind and soul.
And to my little Makenna. You mean the world to me. You are my love and my joy, my angel every day. You mean everything to me. There is nothing in this world I wouldn't do for you and that you don't deserve. I love everything about you and always will. You have my heart and it is yours forever. You have changed my life and brought love and meaning to it that never existed before. You have changed who I am and made me a better woman than I could have ever been. You make the world a better place simply by being in it. You are too loved to leave us now. You are my baby and always will be. I love you! Always!

11 comments:

Wards said...

So sorry to hear that happened today. Pools can be such a scary thing. I am so happy for you guys and Makenna that everything is ok!

Jessica said...

oh my gosh amanda, todd...makenna! i'm so so so so sorry that happened to you guys. I cant imagine the horror you felt. i am SO glad you had a quick thinking and certified friend there to help you, and that she is perfectly okay. I don't even know what to say, but i just wanted to respond to your post and let you know i'm so glad you guys are ok...

The Picketts said...

That has got to be the scariest thing I have ever heard!!! That is seriously my biggest fear - especially since there are pools everywhere here. I am SO glad that little Makenna is ok!!! I will for sure keep her and your family in my prayers for a continued recovery - physically and emotionally!

Ryan and Brindi said...

every mothers worst night mare. i am so glad that turned out with a happy ending. definitely makes you very grateful to see heavenly fathers hand watching over you.

Olayan Family said...

Makenna is obviously a special little girl. I enjoyed your testimony! Thank you:)

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Im CRYING right now, I just can't believe that our little Makenna almost left us yesterday! I can't imagine life without her in it! She has touched each and every one of us in a way that no other person could have. She is an angel and I love her so much! I thank the lord so much for letting us keep her and for taking care of you and your family! Sister, you are so strong, I love you so so so so much!!!!!

The Perry family said...

Amanda,
I am so glad that everything is okay now! I couldn't help but get choked up and emotional just reading that. I am so sorry you guys had to go through that. I am glad that you were blessed to have your friend there and that he was able to do what needed to be done. The Lord is always mindful of us and loves us all. I wish
I could give you and your baby girl a big hug. We love you guys!

Dacia said...

I'm so glad that everything is okay now! What a traumatic experience. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I couldn't even imagine what you went through as a mother! The Lord is always mindful of us!

The Hardy's said...

You have such a beautiful way of expressing yourself! I was so choked up while reading this! I am so happy Mckenna is okay! I know she will forget the tragic experience, but I hope you are able to heal from it. I cant imagine the feelings you must have been experiencing. I am so happy you guys were so blessed.

Auntie Steph said...

Even having been kept up to date while everything was going on, I ended up crying again reading this. You have an incredible way with words. I am sooo happy that all our prayers were answered and am grateful that I had the chance to play with Kenna yesterday. What a hoot ! And, when she said "I love you auntie stephanie" while we were leaving, she had me crying again. She is so special and we all love her so much.
Please make sure you do whatever you need to so you can be ok with this accident and if there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.
Love you guys !

Todd + Emily said...

Hey Amanda. I'm sara's friend but i've met you like ten times! Kip told my husband about your little girl and I'm so glad to hear that she is doing well. I started crying while I was reading this because the way Sara talks to me about yout little girl makes me love her :) Heavenly Father defienelty was watching over you and your family. I'm glad everything was ok with her.