Sunday, July 5, 2009

Back To Life, Back To Reality...

It took a little while, but we are finally back into the swing of our normal lives and schedules. And although we had a blast while we were out of town, it has also been nice to relax and get back into our every day routines.
The little ones have been a ton of fun lately. Even though Kellen is going through a VERY NEEDY stage right now, he is also a big ball of energy and a total crack up. I swear the kid comes out of his shell more and more every day. When he was just a little guy he was so laid back, very mellow, sort of an observer, quiet. He just had a very calm sense to him. Well, not so much any more. He is still easy going (in most ways) and is really good at adjusting to whatever is happening around him. But he is loud (and I mean LOUD), he is always moving and getting into things and full of excitement and energy, and he has a temper when he wants his needs to be met and he's not getting what he wants immediately. The boy has an opinion and is not afraid to share it! And though it is exhausting sometimes, I think it is a good thing that he has a bold personality (which he will need in order to keep up with his sissy). He also just had his 9 month check-up. He is 25lbs 6oz (still off the charts for weight) and is 30 1/2 inches tall which puts him at the 95%. He is the average size of a 16 month old....I know, he is a giant among babies! He just recently cut his two top teeth, so he now has 4 little chompers. And he is overall healthy as can be and developing just as he should be!
Makenna has been a lot of fun lately. I feel like she is finally starting to leave the terrible two's in the past. She is a lot less confrontational these days and much easier to get along with. She has seemed highly emotional these days....she seems to cry or get offended and get her feelings hurt very easily, which is weird for her. But I would rather have that then have her easy to get angry. Overall it just seems like she is growing up so much right now. Her vocabulary is insanely huge! We have full on conversations now and it still blows me away. I love the words and phrases she picks up. She is suddenly playing make-believe all the time and I really see her using her imagination. She loves to pretend that monsters or dinosaurs are going to get us and have us run and hide places. I am starting to look at preschools for her and it just makes me feel like I am losing my baby girl and she is starting to leave the toddler stage and become a full on Kid. It's been giving me a little separation anxiety...I just love my little dudes!

Kellen...pretending like he's low maintenance
I've learned if I give Kenna a sucker then she will sit still long enough for me to do her hair...score for her!


She loves when Echo comes to play with her and Bella. She would stay outside all day if she could

Playing in the tunnels...he kept getting stuck, but he thought it was so funny.
Daddy tough her to put her glow bracelets on her ears...no Sarah, I won't get her earrings yet.
Our little Chomper!

3 comments:

The Picketts said...

It's so sad that they grow up so fast, isn't it?! But at the same time, it's the coolest thing EVER! I swear each stage that they are in is my favorite (ok, not so much the terrible two's - which we are now into FULL SWING - it's good to know there's an end in sight!) but seriously - being a mom ROCKS! I'm glad you share your life as a mom too!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Well I must say, she sure does look cute with what looks like ear rings on! Maybe you can take her at the same time I take Brooke??? Sounds like a plan to me :) Gives Makenna a few more months to grow up or whatever you are waiting for :)
Love all the pictures, I love the one of Makenna with the dogs, makes them look HUGE and her not so huge!
We had a blasty with you all yesterday and all your pictures are supa cute!

The Perry family said...

Hooray for schedules! After the last month and a half of being in limbo, I love normality.......even more than before!
It's so fun and sad see your babies grow up. Sigh!
They look so full of life!