Saturday, September 27, 2008

Thank goodness for Makenna

If I did not have this little girl to keep me busy and distracted, I surely would have gone insane by now.....Yup, that is right....STILL NO BABY!
But Makenna and I have been having so much fun and been doing all sorts of Mommy and Daughter bonding before little Kellen comes in and takes over some of mommy time.
Makenna has been a doll this week. We have been having a blast with each other. She has been in a very sweet and loving mood, which has been nice. She is so cute when she says "Oh, Thank You Mommy" to just about anything I do for her. I love it. She has just been a very happy girl this week! I can't get enough of that little girl!
Makenna has a few new things that she loves. First off, she is all of the sudden a freak about opening and closing doors. Open, close, open, close, open, close, all day long. She will walk around the house and close every door. Then find one and stand there and open and close it until it drives me crazy. Weird kid. Also, she has always enjoyed reading, but she is now obsessed with reading! I think she would sit down with someone and be read to for hours if she could. I had to pry the books out of her hands the other day to get her to come outside and play for awhile.
Her other new thing is calling me "Mom"....not "mama" or "mommy", but "mom". I don't like it one bit! Two year olds are too young to be calling their mommy "Mom". I am hoping it is a passing phase. She mainly does it when she is trying to get my attention. It just makes me feel like she is growing up so fast!
Anyway, here area few pics from the beach and her riding her tricycle. Just wanted to share. She is getting really good on her tricycle....she finally has the peddling down, though steering is a bit of a challenge still. It does take much concentration though. Isn't she cute in that helmet?

She loved playing chase with the waves. And she was not sure at all what to think about sea weed.
Silly Goose!

4 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Love all the pictuers, glad you got to play at the beach, glad you guys have gotten to have bonding time, and SO GLAD that she is passing the feistiness for a little while at least and being lovey dovey! I can't wait to see her ride that tricycle. Looks like fun times!

Dacia said...

Sorry no baby yet. At least you sound like you've been enjoying the time. I would have been a crab the entire week :).

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE PICS!! Kids DO distract...I have to say girl...if you get passes, for sure we could get together and go!! LET ME KNOW!! SO FUN!!! I told Sarah to get them too!! HEE!! That would be AWESOME!!

Anonymous said...

WHAT THE HECK..I WOULD have thought TODAY would have been the day.. you still have like 24 minutes!! HA!! JK!! It looks like it may be a OCT. baby eh?!! Hope he comes out NOW!!