Friday, July 18, 2014

Life

I am fully aware that I am my own worst enemy when it comes to catching up on pictures. But for me (have I talked about this before? If so, I am about to repeat myself and you just have to bare with it) the most important and special moments are the ones that seem to happen every day. The day to day, LIFE stuff. Those are the things I REALLY don't want to forget. And yes, now that we live in a day and age where we have our cameras on our cell phones, and our cell phones are pretty much ALWAYS within a few steps reach, then needless to say I end up with TONS of "every day life" pictures. And then I want to remember them all!
No, I don't post every picture I take. But yes, I do post A Lot of them....probably more than necessary. 
 If you wonder where my kids get their silliness from....I am sure I am a big one to blame. Got the urge to put diapers on the big kids. They thought it was hilarious!
 This kid can seriously sleep ANYWHERE! This is something he Does Not get from me. How does he do it??? Well, however it is done, I love him for it!
 Nighttime at the zoo with our favorite Ding! It has been so nice having Ding back from his mission.
 It is so fun having a best friend next door that can just pop over any time. More marble tower action.
 Carys' first time feeding the ducks (I think). These two together seriously make me so happy. They are so good for each other and I just love that they get special time while the big kids are away at school. She is a lucky girl to have boys/men close to her that love and adore her so much.
Now that Carys' was 1 year old, and really walking steady, it seemed time to start getting into things and doing all those toddler things that drive mom crazy...but will make her laugh years from now when she looks back on the blur of it all. Emptying these cups was an almost daily occurrence for awhile.
 Kellen is Truly, Truly one of the most thoughtful boys I have EVER known. This is a little shoe box diorama that he made for his cousin Brooke pretty much on his own. He decorated the outside with stickers and then designed the inside to look like an aquarium because she loves fish. I was so impressed with the great job he did! Love that boy
 For Conner's Date he wanted to bring baby along, and we went to Chuck E Cheese together (his request). Unfortunately my phone died very shortly after we got there, so this is the only good picture I have of the day. But it was great fun. The place was almost empty (the great part about going while everyone is in school). Conner was great with Carys, helping her play all the little kid games, and spent a lot of time playing a pirate ship game where you kill zombies....very much a boy game. I just love this kid to pieces. He brings more smile to my face every day than I could possibly count!


 At Aunt Stephanies house with all the cousins and second cousins having our Kret family Christmas party that we have every year. As we all keep multiplying, the parties get more and more crowded...and more and more fun for everyone. I love it!
 Carys was caught red handed putting Kellen's shoes in the toilet. It was funny because she wasn't upset when I caught her doing it, but when I made her go back and stand by it so I could take a picture, she got totally sad and lost it. It was hilarious!

 Makenna and Daddy and their version of cuddle time on the couch at night before bed.
 Makenna is not only a great big sister to her own siblings, but she loves taking little kids (especially girls) under her wing and being their psudo-big sis. She does such a good job with them and Loves it when little kids love her and want to be with her. I see a good baby sitter in the making!
 Kellen and his art...what can I say?


 Probably the first really intense fad to hit elementary schools since Makenna became a school aged kid....rainbow loom! It is this loom that you use to make bracelets and a million other things out of rubber bands and clasps. It is actually really neat and can totally be something you can spend a lot of time on without even realizing it. I appreciate that it is at least something that uses creative energy and not just a lot of money spending. The kids go to school with their arms covered in these bracelets, it is hilarious! Many McKamey hours have been spent on the rainbow loom!
 Grammy just stopping by to play with the kids. Carys is always quick to claim her the entire time she is here. We love our Grammy!
 Seeing that Kellen and Conner will be bunking up in the same room together for a long time (aka forever) we graduated them to bunk beds. Totally awesome bunk beds if you ask me! They were so excited...and I have to admit that I was excited too. There was something that was kind of life time fulfilling about getting your kids their first bunk bed. Makes them feel like bigger boys, that is for sure!
 And then there is this girl...who we are hoping doesn't learn the ladder to the top bunk for a long time!
 Conner and one of his best buddies Murray on the preschool field trip to Sea World! These boys are so adorable together and it makes me so happy to see Conner getting old enough to make friends of his own and have a real opinion about who he hangs out with and who he enjoys. Murray is at the top of that list for sure!

No comments: