Monday, July 28, 2014

 I feel so lucky to have been given this sweet girl, especially as my oldest. She is blossoming into such an incredible big sister! She Loves her little brothers and sister to pieces and is Loves to be the big sister to help them out, encourage them, be in charge. During Conner's tball games she was such a Huge help. She would take Carys over to the t's, help her put helmets off and on, help her hit the ball, teach her what to do. She Loved being Conners little cheerleader and would be excited to give him high fives and hugs when he would run into home base. She makes me so proud and is such an sweet, amazing big sister.
A letter that Makenna wrote to Abby for one of her homework assignments. Totally made me laugh. Her question: "Do you like the person you are engaged to?" Ha ha! I LOVE kids!
 When Kellen was working on his project for the 100th day of school, Makenna of course wanted to join in the fun and make something for herself for school too. So this is the one she settled on. "I survived 100 days!" with 100 band aids on her shirt. Let me tell you, unwrapping 100 band aids takes longer than you would think it would!
 Every year at Fletcher Hills they have a "Me and My Guy" dance. This year felt like a great year for Daddy and Makenna to go together. Makenna was so excited! We picked out a dress. Got her new shoes. Got her a new hair pretty. She got all dressed up, we even put on some mascara, lip gloss and perfume. She looked so adorable. And she was so excited to come out of her room all dressed up of room. It was the sweetest thing. Watching Daddy tell her how beautiful she was. Seeing her blush and smile. It is the kind of stuff that makes a mama's heart completely melt!

One of those "I guess I am doing something right as a mom" moments: I saw this little book that Makenna made. Makenna's Favorite Friends. I open up the book and who is on the very first page! You know it! Big mama! Love my girl. 

No comments: