Sunday, April 7, 2013

3 Months....A 1/4 of a Year!!! Ugh!

It goes by way, way, too fast. That is all I have to say!
So yes, I blinked and suddenly I had this smiling, happy, interactive little baby girl in place of the little newborn that had just been placed in my arms so recently. 
At 3 months old Carys really started to change. This is the age that Pa says they begin to graduate from the "Blob" phase to an actual "baby". When he referred to my first baby as a blob I about cried and got angry. But now, on number 4, I laugh at him and understand what he is says. And though the "blob" phase is one of my very favorites, I do enjoy when they start to really interact, look you in the eye and light up with a smile just to see your face.
 At 3 months old Carys was really giving you that to die for, gummy smile! She wanted to laugh and you could hear it down inside her, just wanting to come out, but not quite making it yet! She was Close to rolling over. Had done it once or twice, but it was more of a "falling over" than an intentional roll. She was starting to play with toys and hold onto rattles and what not. 
 Her hair just keeps getting more and more blonde (with a touch of a strawberry color to it. Don't know if the strawberry blond will stay or if is just passing through this color on its way from brown to blond). And her eyes were Very, Very blue at this point. Obvious that they are going to stay blue. And yes, it still amazes me that I have 3/4 kids with blue eyes. Never would have guessed. 

 Carys has been just a touch spoiled and really preferred to sleep in my arms or in bed with me. On a rare occasion I could get her to sleep in her crib for awhile, but that usually required something soft and fluffy under her. And Conner should be Very proud of himself. After Always giving her her blanket that is like his, Any time he saw her without it, I think around this time she officially seemed to prefer that style blanket to anything else and needs one to sleep with. I just pray she doesn't suck on them like her brother. It is a nasty habit. We love you Conner. We do not love your stinky "nigh nights".
 Starting to take baths with big brothers and sister like a big baby!
 And such a happy, content little girl. Really, she hardly ever has anything to complain about. Except riding in the car. She does Not like the car (which is very unfortunate being #4 and being in the car A Lot!)

 She Does however Love her baby Bjorn and we use it for many things. At the stores, the park, on walks. Even to get chores and cooking done around the house when the crib and the swing are being rejected. 
We love you Carys and all your cuteness!

No comments: