Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fun at Home

Conner spend a fair bit of time on our kitchen floor with different bowls and cups and what not these days. He is not getting into the cupboards himself yet. But he wants to be close to mom and he likes to play with the different kitchen utensils, so we have fun in there. Kellen often enjoys joining him as well.
When I saw this picture of Kellen on the kitchen floor playing it made me flash back to when he was a baby playing on that kitchen floor doing the same silly things he is doing now as a big boy with his little brother. So I thought it would be fun to pull out the picture below. He has certainly grown up but I tell you, he has kept his look since he was a baby. My chubby little Kellen baby.

This is something I have been meaning to capture for awhile now....Makenna in her "Ballerina". She wears this old tutu practically every day. She got it for her dance class last year and then about a month and a half ago rediscovered it during a re-awakened dress up phase. Every day now (or just about) she will strip out of her regular clothes and put on her "ballerina" and ballet shoes and run/dance/tip toe around the house until forced to put on regular clothes or get in the bath. She is so silly. I was trying to take a cute, smiling picture of Makenna with it on, but as we know Kenna prefers the goofy face to a smile. So there you have it. I guess it suites her better anyway, right?
The kids come up with the silliest thing to do with this small trampoline. They love it! I am a bit surprised that it has never caused any great injuries though (knock on wood!)


They can be cute together at times. They should do it even more often ;)

Run Bud Bud, Run!
To keep things exciting around the house, sometimes you just have to bust out the sheets and turn your living room into a fort. I used to love it when I got to do this as a kid. My kids share the same enthusiasm. Kellen and I had some good fort time the other day while Kenna was at school. I try to take the time to do fun things with him when I can while we have our Mommy and Kellen time. Love my boy!
Makenna was very proud to have long enough hair that she could wear her towel like Mommy does after she took a shower the other night. Such a cute smile!
Kellen is going to grow up to be a gourmet chef. Just watch. The boy LOVES to play with his pretend food, cook different meals for people, make cakes out of blocks, etc. He also Loves his baby Toby. He has Toby with him for every nap and at night when he sleeps, and occasionally he totes him around during the day here or there. The other day he made Toby some chicken soup. I am sure someday he will cringe when I talk about baby Toby to his girlfriends. But hey, he is going to be the best Daddy someday, and girls find that as a turn on. So eat your hearts out ladies!!

1 comment:

Auntie Steph said...

Love all the pics of your fun loving "bunch"....