Saturday, April 9, 2011

Beach in April...Why Not??

We pay good money to live in San Diego. I am going to make sure I take full advantage of all it's perks!!!
Makenna is working hard on going on the monkey bars solo...she is doing really well too and is very proud of how well she did the other day at the beach! She even stopped a few strangers to share the good news with. That girl makes herself at home with just about anyone!
The swingers. This is about the only activity that Brooke could really enjoy on the playground because she freaked out if you set her down the minute that the sand got her. Silly girl.
The Con Con!
Kellen boy. It is sometimes nearly impossible to get this kid to smile for the camera, so I have to trick him into it. He was loving this spider web thing to climb on. His coordination is definitely getting more advanced these days.
The little ladies...they are such good buddies. I love to see how close these two little girls are. It gives me comfort that she has a little girl cousin close enough in age...just in case she never gets herself a little sister. I am certainly not holding my breath that she will. At least she will have Brookie to have that relationship with.
You never know what you are going to get when you ask this girl to stop and take a picture. This was an interesting pose....look at her foot by the way. Ouch! She is going to have her mother's joints, I can tell!
Sarah attempting again to put Brooke down. Didn't go over too well...
I love watching these two playing together. Surprisingly Kellen was the one that was really running around the craziest. He was splashing and having a blast. Makenna was as well, but Kellen embraced it in a way that just surprised me coming from him.


Yes, you are right. That is exactly what he is doing. He had come and told me he needed to go pee pee. The bathrooms were farther away than I was willing to walk. I tried to explain that at the beach it is okay to just walk into the water and go pee pee there. He just looked at me in shock at what I was telling him. I then got distracted for a second taking a picture of Sarah and Brooke and then a couple walked up to us asking if we could take a picture of them. Sarah suddenly says "Amanda, look at your son!" and I turn around and see this. I am proud of myself for taking a picture before getting to him and ushering him along and getting his pants back up. Silly boys. Moments like this though make me laugh and enjoy having a sons!

My second favorite picture of the day (second to Kellen peeing on the seaweed). Such a cute and totally Brooke sort of face. Silly goose.
The end result. I was surprised by just how wet the got. If I had anticipated this much wetness I would have brought towels. But we managed just fine.
Once again, Brooke doing what Brooke does best.

I could just look at and love this baby all day long.
The other reason I love days at the beach...it totally wipes your kids out! It was a real struggle to get him up from his nap. He just looked so cute there too, with his yellow Gatorade mustache!

3 comments:

Dacia said...

Seriously so jealous! We have snow & rain!!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

That was super fun! I am glad we went down there to the beach even tho Brooke was a pain with her being all silly about the sand touching her feet! It was still fun! I love that picture of Brooke and Kenna together, it is so cool to know that they are the same age gap as you and I. They look more like sisters than we did tho, isn't that funny? Thanks for the fun day!

Auntie Steph said...

Absolutely love the pic of Kellen peeing..
Great pics of all the kids !
Have to agree with Sarah, Kenna & Brooke do look like sisters :)