Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Sissy + Brother = Love

My Aunt got this adorable onesie for Conner, so the other day we had a cute little photo shoot with Makenna and Conner. (I also have one of these that says "I love my Big Bro", so you can anticipate a similar shoot with Kellen in the near future :) )
Makenna is such a great sister to little Conner. She and Kellen are also the bestest buddies. But it is interesting to see the way her relationship with Conner is already different. Being that the age gap is bigger for her and Conner and she has more understanding and maturity now, she is much more "mothering" with Conner. She loves to keep him smiling and happy, she is quick to see what is wrong if he is sad, she considers herself Conner's body guard from Kellen and is always making sure he is not playing to rough with Conner and is being gentle with him. She can get Conner to smile and laugh just as well as I can. I LOVE having another set of hands around the house that can help me hold him if he is being fussy and I need to get something done. He is a McKamey boy, which makes him a giant, so holding him can be a bit tricky for her at times. But she does great and he loves his Sissy time and attention. I feel lucky to have her as the big sister to her two crazy brothers. I know they feel the same way. And I know she equally feels as lucky to have such great little brothers. (She may feel differently at times, but in the end she knows I am right...as mothers are of course!!)

I think this first picture is so cute. Conner is just adorable to me!
These first couple of pictures make is look like Conner is just Huge in comparison to Makenna. But I swear, it is just an illusion. Must have been the seating arrangement, because his head is not truly bigger than hers the way it looks to be :)
Such sweethearts!


2 comments:

Auntie Steph said...

Wonderful pics ! Seeing Kenna being such a big help makes me realize how much "older" she has gotten :)

The Perry family said...

what a great sissy! and what a big helper!