Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Although I wasn't ready....He was

I tried. I tried my best to hold off starting solids. I did this for 3 reasons. #1 I had the brilliant idea of using all his new supplies for starting solids to be his Christmas presents, so I wanted to wait until after Christmas to start it. #2 Life is easy when all you have to do is supply milk....why complicate things if you don't have to? #3 It makes me sad to realize how fast my baby boy is growing up. And putting him in a high chair to feed him a meal only verifies that he is getting bigger and doing it too quickly.
But try as might, I finally gave in. When we were sitting down as a family to lunch and Conner was practically launching himself off my lap and lunging with outstretched arms for my food, I knew it was time to let the poor kid have a taste of something more substantial than warm milk. That day I went out and bought some rice cereal and he thanked me that afternoon by scarfing it down like a big boy should. Since then he has been doing great with him food. He has already had and approved of sweet potatoes, carrots, pears and apples...pears and carrots being the favorites so far. Unlike his brother, Conner is very happy to eat baby food and rice cereal, which his mother is very appreciative of. Although I plan to make some baby food myself again, it is nice that I don't Have to.
It is bittersweet to watch Conner getting bigger every day. He is such a cute sweet boy. I can't wait to see the boy he is going to grow into and watch him change and have him run around with his crazy siblings. As long as he stops to cuddle with his mama from time to time.

My silly little boy. I just love his goofy little personality. He had a lot to say during his first meal....all very happy things.


This face just melts my heart.
And that's a big smile of approval right there.

4 comments:

Auntie Steph said...

Great pics ! He looks soo big & soo happy !

The Perry family said...

I can wait to do solids too! It does complicate things. But, he looks so happy.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

That last picture cracks me up!!! Glad you got a good eater on your hands!

amber said...

well at least one person is glad you broke down and are giving him solids, he is in heaven. love it!!!