Thursday, December 23, 2010

O Tannenbaum

No, we (I) have still not given into the artificial tree. I still make my family and my hubby pack up and drive down and dig for the perfect tree in a big pile of trees until we find the perfect McKamey family tree. For me it is one of the parts of Christmas I look forward to most. I love the finding the tree, bringing it home, setting it up, cleaning up after it, watering it. I love it all. Maybe some day I will get old and lazy enough to want an artificial tree. But that is in the very distant future (if in the cards at all), so for now we will keep picking out our tree every year....even if it is just from the Home Depot parking lot :)

Is it just me, or does Makenna look way grown up and mature in this picture? I don't like it! (Though she is beauty!)
Yes, we are picking out our Christmas tree in shorts and Capri's. Don't be too jealous...ha ha!
Conner playing his role of looking cute while we all pick out a good tree.

Kellen was in way too much awe to look at the camera at all.



Cute little elves
I was trying to photograph the way that kids put Tons of ornaments on the tree in big cluster, right next to each other. I was originally planning on "fixing" this once the kids were in bed and re-dispersing the ornaments to give the tree more balance. Then I had a friend of mine say "I left mine just the way they were. I figure that I only have a few years left of ornaments clustered together and then one day my tree is going to be decorated Too perfectly and I am going to miss it this way." Oh, so true. So if you come to my house and see clusters of ornaments, just know I am aware of it and prefer it this way :)

Daddy and the kiddos decorating. I was there too, helping decorate as well. But part of the title of being mom includes being photographer, so you can just know I was there because surely the pictures did not get taken themselves ;)
Kenna Trying to be a good big sis and lift Kellen so he could put his ornament up high. No need to point out that Kellen was much less enthusiastic about this. I had visions of her dropping him or falling with him right into the tree, but it ended safely. It is amazing to me that she can actually lift him, seeing as he is practically as heavy as she is.
We don't have a picture of anyone putting on the star this year because both kids wanted to do it. So we decided to each pick one of them up and let them both have a hand on it while it was placed on the tree. I am sure next year we will have to start some rotation, but for this year we all got a little piece of it.

2 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

You are so cute, love your words :) YES I AM OLD and BOARING!!! Maybe in 3 years you will be old like me with a fake tree :) Love your beautiful tree with clusters of balls, It is cute!!!
Love it!
Nice pics!

amber said...

love the pics and i'm like you, real tree or nothing. love you, auntie amber