Friday, November 5, 2010

A Whole Lotta Halloween!

I have always loved Halloween and I love it even more now. Kids in costume are just too cute. And it is so fun to see the way they adopt their character roles and take is to seriously. It's just such a fun day!
We had a good Halloween this year. We went to church carnival earlier in the week. Then we went to a Halloween party on Sat evening. And on Halloween day we did a little pumpkin carving and trick or treating around Grammy and Pa's neighborhood that night. It was very fun for the kids and fun as parents to watch the kids have fun.
Makenna ended up in 3 costumes this year. She picked out a witch costume but was sad with it the night of the carnival when she put it on. She said it was scratchy on her and she just was not happy being a spooky witch. I felt sad for her so I surprised her with a clearanced off Supergirl costume because she said she wanted to be like Kellen. She loved that costume. But then Sat afternoon Todd and I were finding costumes for ourselves in my mother's box of costumes and we came across a mouse costume that my mother made and my sister, brother and I all wore when we were about 2 years old. It was still in good shape, and although the legs were short on her, the rest of the costume fit her fine. And she was in love with it. I forced her to wear the supergirl costume to the party that night anyway. I had bought it and wanted to make it worth the money. But we let her wear the mouse costume on Halloween night to trick or treat in. Silly little girl. She certainly got her costumes in for the year though.
And even Toddy dressed up! I loved it. Just keep scrolling down and enjoy!
Spiderman! The best part about Kellen being Spiderman is that if you asked him who he was he would say "BATMAN!" and he would run around with his costume on saying "BATMAN!" And I did offer him the batman costume at the store, but he wanted spiderman. He wanted to be spiderman but call it batman. So there you have it :)
Our non-spooky witch...Costume #1
I couldn't not put this picture in here. It's just classic. Yes Kellen, you may hate me for it. But you must admit that it is funny. You are still cute enough to pull it off though!
Spiderman giving out high fives. Such a stud!



Makenna Costume #2
The cutest mouse I know. She was obsessed with the tail on this costume. She must have told us 500 times, "Look, I have a tail" It was almost like a dream come true for her!
McKamey's to the rescue. Lovin' Makenna's tough face and Kellen's big muscles!
Costume #3 for Makenna. Supergirl certainly suites her personality. And she looked so cute in it!

One happy little dragon!

Somehow I got Todd to dress as a Nun. I love it! And it didn't hardly take any convincing either. I love what I have done to this man. Love you honey! The only handsome nun I have ever met :)
Mama Viking!

Kenna loved carving pumpkins this year. Well, she actually didn't care too much for the actual carving. She was too busy playing with the pumpkin guts. She loved cleaning out the pumpkin, and once it was all cleaned out she just played with the innards in a bowl. That is certainly my daughter. Love her!



He looks so huge here!! That's a McKamey boy for ya!
Happy Halloween...Squeak Squeak

Not bad for a 2 year old. He was very proud of his candy!

4 comments:

C Knoop said...

I love the photos and the costumes. Makenna is too cute in her wardrobe attire.

Auntie Steph said...

Love the super heros ! As well as the nun :) The kids look great posing :)

The Perry family said...

the many different costumes for Makenna suits her personality! and I knew you and todd would have some great costumes! Spiderman is so cute too!! oh so is your dragon:)

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I love the costumes that you and todd were in! That's good parents for ya! ALL your kids looked super duper cute! I love that Makenna had 3 costumes and I LOVE that she was the little family mouse! Maybe Brooke should be that next year :)