Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My Brave Babe!

I know that we all feel like we have the coolest kids in the world. And as parents we certainly should feel that way about our children, right?
Well, here is proof that my kid rocks!
About a month ago we were down at the mall with Grammy and they had one of those giant trampolines set up where you are strapped into a harness attached to bungee chords and you then have the ability to jump ridiculously high! When we first saw the thing Makenna started begging to go on it. At first I told her that she was too small to do it, because I genuinely thought a 4 year old, 30lb little girl would in no way be big enough. But when we found out that the weight requirement was only 20lbs I promised her we would come back one day when Daddy could be with us to see it.
So the other night we went back to the mall with the whole big fam for dinner at Oscars. And, as promised, we let Makenna give it a go on the trampoline.
I knew that Makenna would definitely go for it, but I expected that once she got started and realized Just how high it made her jump that she would be a bit timid about it and jump happily, but cautiously. Boy was I wrong.
She got strapped into the harness, the bungee's were extended and lifted her up and she began her jumping. She was in heaven. Pure joy and happiness radiating from her little body. She looked so proud and so thrilled with herself. So the operator of this contraption decided to see just how much Makenna could handle.
I will just let the videos take over from here.
Enjoy...


Seriously! It was the neatest thing to watch her do this. Let me tell you, when he grabbed her legs and stood on the floor and got ready to launch her into the air I got VERY nervous. Of course I was not about to let my nerves be apparent at all for fear that she would then flip out and get scared to death. There were moments when she was flying into the air that her face would change a bit and she would look a touch scared for a moment, but then she would quickly recover and her face would beam with excitement again. Without a doubt this girl had the time of her life. She had quite a crowd of people watching her and cheering for her by the end. And I kept hearing people comment about how amazed they were that such a small kid was brave enough to do that. I completely agree with them. You are a stud Makenna Mae!

After Makenna's turn we let Kellen have a go at it as well. Here is how that went over... :)


Kellen is such a cutie. I really did not expect him to do it. I can't think of many 2 year olds that would do something like that. Especially after watching your sister be launched up to the ceiling over and over again. I give him credit for even climbing onto the trampoline and thinking about it. Kellen is our more cautious one and it is one of things about him that makes him different and that I totally love. You are a stud too Kellen boy! My favorite part of his turn was when he gave the guy high 5. He is so adorable.

3 comments:

Auntie Steph said...

Soo Makenna !! Love it !
Am also glad that Kellen didn't try it.....maybe next year :)

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Im so glad she did that, what a fun thing to watch. I seriously don't think I would have been brave enough to fly THAT HIGH! She seriously ROCKED doing that! I must say! Bud Bud was so cute too. I loved the high 5!

RaeRae said...

my favorite is on kellens video makenna saying ill do it again. love it