Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Big Boy and Bowling

4 months old. Can you believe it? Little Conner is 4 months old. For some reason this always feels like the first big infant milestone for me. It seems like babies change a lot around the 4 month mark. They start getting really good with their hand/eye coordination. They start rolling good and getting ready to sit and crawl and really begin to interact with their toys and do more social playing. It is bittersweet to think that Conner is at this point. In some ways it makes me sad that my baby boy is growing so fast. This always happens and their is no way of stopping it, but it continues to make me sad. But it is also fun to watch him change and grow and learn.
Yesterday we had his 4 month apt and Conner is doing wonderfully. He checked in at 16 lbs 11 oz (74%) and was 27 inches long (96%). Comparing him to his big brother, at 4 months Kellen was 18 lbs 9 oz and 29 inches long. So yes, I know that Conner is a big boy. But you can understand now why Conner feels like a small baby boy to me. Because in comparison to his brother, he is a fair bit smaller. Conner is our petite little McKamey :)
These days Conner is really good at grabbing his toys and getting them straight to his mouth. He always has his fingers in their too, and I believe if I took his binky away he would surely suck on his fingers instead of the binky. He is very close to rolling from his back to his tummy. He is always rolling onto his side and trying to reach for things. When he is on his tummy he is already doing this thing where he pushes off the ground with is feet and sort of scoots himself forward. Sometimes he even gets his knees up and under him. I don't know if its intentional or not, but it makes me feel like he is well on his way to being a crawler. He is also not too far from sitting on his own. So many big boy things happening. Happy 4 months Conner!

Already looking up to his big brother.

Kellen really just melts over Conner. He is so sweet with babies. And he just can't get enough of him. I just love watching them play together already.
Kellen got really excited when he found this baby baseball cap and quickly had to put in on Conner. He then proceeded to try and put his crocs on Conner as well. He thought it was hilarious that they were so big on him, so he kept putting them on over and over again.
Conner was a good sport about it all....he just loves the attention.

The cutest double chin I've ever seen.
Makenna has suddenly taken to running around the house again like this.
Last weekend we decided we needed to get out and do something fun as a family, so I thought that it might be fun for us all to go bowling together. It did turn out to be a lot of fun. Kellen sort of got tired out part way through, I was nervous almost the whole time that our kids would stick there hands in the place where the ball come back up and would chop their fingers off, and Todd and I bowled absolutely TERRIBLY! (That is the truth of how part of the experience was) But even with my mothering paranoia and our pathetic bowling scores, it was a lot of fun to do with the kids. I think we all had a lot of fun and it was just nice to go out as a family and just play together.
Todd was a very intense bowling coach for young Kellen.
Kenna loved that she could carry her ball all by herself.
She was trying to push the thing as hard as she could because she was sad that her ball wasn't going as fast as everyone else :( This eventually led to a small break down and tears, but we recovered and had fun with our slow rolling balls :)

Kellen, in his very boyish way, loved having the pins fall down and kept making good sound effects and arm motions along with it.
Kenna being herself
The one picture that proves I was there. I need to remember to tell Todd to take pictures of me at these things as well. I am always the photographer, so my kids will probably grow up thinking I never participated in these fun events.
Anyone from the Kret side of my family should just ignore this or else I might possibly be disowned by the family. In my defense, it is very difficult to bowl a good game when you are worried the whole time that your children are behind you having their fingers chopped off in the ball return. Or that you are going to accidentally smack them in the head with the ball, or you are bowling and telling your kids to stop running down the lane at the same time. My point is that my score should be excused to to motherly duties conflicting with bowling :)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I love the family pictures from the last post! and your kids are so big now! 4 months already is crazy...i loved seeing makenna in her ballet get up, riley is constantly in a new dress-about every 20min its a different one. i'm going to dedicate a post to it as soon as i can find my camera...you are brave to go bowling with little kids! i would be worried about hitting them to. ha glad you had fun and i really would like to get together soonish, i work four days a week now sort of so it's tricky but i think i can find a day!

The Perry family said...

hey, at least you went out and did it! looks like fun!